Let's Get Some Things Straight on Abortion

So pro-choicers, if someone wanted a lobotomy, for their child, would you let them? Say the child has early onset schizophrenia and has severe hallucinations. Would you let a surgeon do it?

1 Like

If they are using a shotgun, it is possible that their INTENT is to leave a mess.

I think that what the links discuss is clearly true.

I can say that just from the growing segregation in this country, accomplished by means of school district secessions and deliberate locations of new schools.

And as always, the thing that’s not discussed if the anti abortion zealots get their way:

How long are you going to put women in prison for having an abortion?

That is clearly the end game. Otherwise the entire movement is completely pointless.

Easy. Don’t. Put the surgeon in jail for malpractice.

7,452 people die every day in the United States from all causes.

If it is somebody I have a personal connection to, whether friend or family, I will mourn.

If not, it is something I neither note nor care about on a personal level.

Death is a part of life and tragedy and injustice is a part of life.

And if I have that attitude to born persons, it is pretty obvious I am not going to pine over a blastocyst or two.

I don’t deal with the issue of abortion from a ridiculous personal level. Particularly when we are talking pre-fetal stage.

5 Likes

Short-drop hanging is one way to do it without leaving a mess. Then there’s ODing. But that sure won’t make the physician who prescribed it happy. They would probably think you’re a drug addict and discharge you.

Over half of all abortions in the US are done with OTC drugs and information from overseas NGOs on how to safely do it.

So, no surgeon or medical personnel needed. So, how long do women who have or attempt to have an abortion going to prison for?

I’d say 15 years, that’s about the average sentence for a murder conviction.

A blastocyst is the stage right after a morula- it hasn’t even implanted yet. A fetus is much more developed than that. Your argument would pertain to more the morning after pill.

1 Like

Had a person in my area rent a helium tank, jury rig a mask and take himself out that way.

Kind of a waste of precious helium though, as he drained the entire tank in the process.

1 Like

Well you can’t stop the black market. But it is much like lobotomies. They are still performed to a limited extent, despite being banned. One of the points in banning abortion is to set a precedent for the medical community, imo. Of course they will still be performed, but no physician should assist in that kind of thing.

2 Likes

That’s awful. I’m sorry for your loss.

Don’t be. Just a person in our area, not somebody I knew.

1 Like

Ridiculous hyperbole. GOP SOP.

Obama

Also, the person was in his 70’s and sick with lung cancer. It wasn’t a youngster.

I would like an answer to this question, if you please. What is your stance on the issue in which a woman, say it was Susan Schofield, who would want to get a lobotomy for her schizophrenic daughter, Jani? Would you condone it? Lobotomies are illegal, but it is technically her choice.

So, 15 years in prison for the murderess? Too much or too little?

But… your whole argument is centered around your emotions…it always has been.

You should just cry tds and get it over with

1 life sentence for the physician, please. That should be justice enough.