Lend Lease passes and will become Law

Finland and Sweden will be accepted easily after they apply this month.

My God, evil EU/NATO is swallowing more countries and escalating against Russia!!!

1 Like

Ukraine’s lack of secure, undisputed borders is “who” stopped them before. It’s in NATO’s charter.

“In diplomacy there are two kinds of problems, small ones and large ones. The small ones will go away by themselves, and the large ones you will not be able to do anything about.” — Patrick McGuinness

Of course that leaves out problems folks make bigger than they already were, including already big ones, by thinking to always have to do something about them if only because they don’t want to seem to not be doing something.

Clinton … and it wasn’t an ask, it was posed as a hypothetical … to which allegedly, Putin said was met with silence.

Poor little Russia. What ever will happen to them as the evil west pushes them east of the Urals. :neutral_face:

:wink:

1 Like

Good thing they were saying “apply” to NATO then.

pai mei no

Right. And then they can shut off water and destroy agriculture with impunity.

Just remember, imposition causes ressentiment causes reaction.

Please don’t try to “help” me.

1 Like

I keep posting things like “Poland, get out now before Brussels has an army of its own.”

1 Like

One day in the future, a lot of people are going to look up and say “What happened? We were cheering for ‘freedom’.”

1 Like

And they voted against interest of EU when they elected Viktor Yanukovych…who wasn’t interested in joining EU.

People want “freedom” with freebies … not Liberty with no goodies.

It was definitely a huge mistake.

It should have at least been entertained.

Although with Putin at the helm, they’d have probably stole tactical and strategic pro old and bounced.

With a different Russian leader, say had Gorbachev been able to retain power, it probably would have worked out.

Did you ever notice that his birthmark looked like Laos?

Help you? The thought never crossed my mind.

It wasn’t up to Clinton … Or Bush, or Obama, or Trump, or Biden.

I don’t recall ever hearing that Gorbachev even put out feelers about joining NATO.

Another part of it was the economic trauma: in the wake of the USSR’s collapse, the West offered neoliberal reforms in a country with no real tradition (ever) of capitalism, free markets, or even property rights: sudden pension reform, austerity, privatization, no price supports, little regulation, etc. In retrospect, it makes sense that they ended up a corrupt oligarchy, with a strongman leader.

2 Likes

He didn’t but he was one of few the Russians leaders who was generally trustworthy and was willing to compromise on difficult positions.

Trouble is the Soviet fall took him with it.