Lend Lease passes and will become Law

They will align themselves more with China, That is the inevitable place they are heading.

I wouldn’t worry about that. When they see how much keeping up such an army without US dollars costs, there is likely to be some rethinking.

1 Like

The “Evil Axis.”

This is at the core of it. When the USSR fell, we thought we could remake Russia into a capitalist neoliberal freemarket country and instead it opened the doors for a few bullies to start monopolies based on the remnants of state enterprise. And now we have the end result- a despotic regime surrounded by kleptocrats propping up the populace with oil and gas money.

Honestly Russia has failed at modernizing and joining the rest of the world since Catherine the Great. In the last (little over) 100 years they’ve gone from tsars to despotic communists to robber barron maniacal tyrants.

The trajectory of this country ain’t great- with or without Putin.

Russia as it currently stands probably won’t exist in 50 years.

A bunch of the ethnic minorities want out and have wanted out since Peter the Great.

Ukraine winning this war by keeping its independence will probably end up inspiring other uprisings over the next few decades.

I think that’s why Putin is so dedicated to proving to everyone that Russia is still a great power. He has to know the day is coming when Russia consists solely of the land between Moscow and St. Petersburg.

1 Like

I was thinking the same thing.

I think Xi would like Xiden for maybe a year longer to fritter away US dollars and munitions in Ukraine and on unproductive and debilitating liberal causes, and increase domestic chaos and resource shortages to limit the US ability to respond to China post a 2024 presidential change.

And now Apaches. Tech’s getting smaller. :wink:

Dumbass is sending another $40B to Ukraine.

10% for the Big Guy. How many Big Guys are there?

4 Likes

Correction- Dumb “entire government including all GOP minus a few weirdos” ass.

We could have molded them into a western democracy, we chose not to.

[quote=“WuWei, post:359, topic:241903, full:true”]

Letting you know…

https://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/finnish-pm-joining-nato-strengthen-security-84642131

Belly on up to the bar for goodies at American expense…

2 Likes

Oh yeah, they’re helping.

Very fitting meme for that family of crack sniffers, too. :thinking:

2 Likes

Our government will follow any white line.

2 Likes

Yep, and now we can’t get baby formula?

1 Like

Any one NATO nation could stop them from joining.