Legalizing All Illegal Drugs

and you think that a college environment is more dangerous than a person
that lives on the streets that does drugs? :thinking::face_with_raised_eyebrow::face_with_raised_eyebrow::face_with_raised_eyebrow:

About 62% of Americans are in favor of legalizing marijuana. That’s almost 2/3 Americans. It’s time to end this prohibition.

I like the way it’s going state by state, democracy in action the way it was intended.

1 Like

I don’t necessarily disagree, but why did it take an amendment to ban alcohol but not marijuana nationally?

I had read about that before it had do to with the Supreme Court granting more power to the federal government which promptly abused
the ”Commerce Clause” and prohibition was enacted. The argument being the 18th shouldn’t be around because of the 10th.

I’m winging it here and could be wrong :slight_smile:

The repeal of the 18th, the 21st amendment, actually strengthened the 10th.

No. Never said that.

It’s not exactly safe either.

I was in college when Air duster and “fake” were all the rage. A lot of kids screwed themselves up.

I preferred pills and traditional drugs. And a bunch of whisky.

Now I’m retired. The only habit I still have from my party days is cigarettes. Once I quit I’ll have really put all of it behind me.

The bottom line is, since 1961, the U.S has been party to the Single Convention, which requires control over production and supply of certain drugs, including cannabis–and under the Constitution, treaties are the law of the land. Although most states had had laws against it since the early 1900s, cannabis didn’t become strictly illegal at the federal level until the Drug Control Act of 1970 (which superseded the 1937 Marihuana Tax Act, which has its own odd history).

If it were up to Democrat Politicians, I’m sure that there would be an excuse
to legalize

All Illegal Drugs! Simply by using the “excuse”
that it’s medically necessary!

Very interesting. Thank you.

you know for a Democrat you sure say Republican things.
I’m guessing you don’t mean to, or don’t know the basis behind certain things
of what you’re saying.

It is cute though for Democrats, and Democratic Politicians.

Personally, I think that all illegal drugs including methanol, crack cocaine, heroine, acid, weed, cocaine, any illegal drug should be legalized as a “medical necessity”
that way we can all just get all of the ******** out in the open. Then when
crime goes up, Democratic Politicians, and Democrats can blame it on anything else.

It has nothing to do with drugs being legalized. lol. Of course any dem, or dem politician might start caring if one of their own relatives, sons, daughter, or spouses
got killed by a gang member protected by ICE, or a drug dealer, or an illegal immigrant
in this country, if they overdosed from an illegal drug.

Than again, most Democrat Politicians are pretty immoraless in this country.
so, even if that did happen, which it probably has happened, I doubt that they would
go against it.

So what you are saying is that Democrat Politicians are moral?

Good to know.

Immoral=not moral
Immoraless= if it were actually a word, would be not moral less…or moral due to it being a double negative. So it would mean they are moral. Is that what you meant?

You’re basically trying to make sense of the John Belushi speech from Animal House here.

Germans…
Let him go. He’s on a roll.

How about you’re a free adult and can make decisions about what to eat, drink, and be merry, with.

You need government to keep you eating the right stuff? Of course not, but you do need government to stop those ‘other guys’ from making their own decisions.

My brother told me yesterday: “All drugs should be legalized and available for purchase at the Department of Health and Human Services. Teen drug use will plummet. There’s nothing more uncool than going to the DHHS for anything.”

Find immoraless in the dictionary and post the definition. LOL!

My bad. lol. I guess since it’s a double negative, and not a real word, than
even though I was wrong on the wording, it cancels itself out.

Democrat Politicians are immoral, is what I meant to say.

Do you mean all of the 18 year olds? I didn’t know 13-17 year olds could pick up
prescription pot any time they wanted too?

So you think with all of the rebellious kids, and kids that party, and want to have fun,
and get wild, and addictions, etc., that even for 18 year olds, then wouldn’t want to go to DHHS simply because they may seem uncool? hahahaha.

If they returned to their friends with bags of drugs that they can get high off of, I would think that would easily outway the uncool factor of having to go get them.

And that is just common sense. lol.

All drugs no, those that have scientifically proven health benefits… sure why not?