Left Wing Populism

I don’t hear this discusses as much as it probably should. But do you all think the democrat party will elect a left wing populist for 2020 like “Sanders” or stick with a mainstream politician like “Biden”? I use those two as examples because they out poll everyone else in the democrat party. I personally think Sanders will win if he runs, but I would like to hear other opinions on this.

Leftwing populism is all based on the redistribution of wealth and destroying the rich which is what makes it so very dangerous to the stability of the civil society.

Right wing populism is based on equal opportunity rather than equal outcomes which is what makes it so very dangerous to the left.

Do you think a populist like Sanders will win the primary? He was very competitive with Clinton and he took a lot of states in the Primary. I am assuming his name recognition has only grown since. The polls show Biden in the lead but Sanders in the number two slot.

Lol so dumb.

I think it’s possible and honestly I think it would be the best thing that could happen to the republicans.

Sanders himself is so old though I think he probably needs to hand the torch off to a younger messenger and run with them as VP or just as the primary spokesman till his chosen candidate can gain some ground.

Given Warren’s recent faux paux release of her “native” heritage, I would think she will be on the ticket. Booker made his debut in Iowa.
My opinion they will probably steer clear of people like Sanders. Their convention was a blunder and I think it helped our efforts electing trump.

Left wing populism somehow reminds me of lifeguard training in rescuing drowning a drowning person. You can’t just swim up to most of them and offer help. They will try to climb you to save themselves in their state of panic.

You have to grab them from behind, immobilize, and reassure them as you save them from themselves.

However, nobody is going to jump into the current pool of screaming crazies to help individuals.

2 Likes

I am curious to what their platform will be. They have been an emotional wreck since trump won

Not really sure which way Democratic voters will go in 2020, but this should be one of the easiest elections for Democrats to win since–well, since not that long ago, actually, considering how Obama manhandled McCain.

I’m curious too. They should have more focus, naturally.

If they ran on “Nicer Streets,” they’d probably win.

The mob is hurting them. But with Clinton and Maxine and Booker promoting this mob mentality, I doubt anything else Democrats have to say will be heard.

Do you think voters will stay clear of Sanders or are you referring to the DNC? Just clarifying

Yeah the voters loved him(sanders). Just like rose posted. It’s the Democrat committee that wouldn’t like him.

Sanders is up there at 77 but Biden is close at 75. I know its early but these numbers are hardly shifting from a year ago. This is the latest CNN poll on the likely democrat nominee.

Here are the numbers from CNN

Biden 33%
Sanders 13%
Harris 9%
Warren 8%
Booker 5%
Kerry 5%
Bloomberg 4%
O’Rourke 4%
Holder 3%
Garcetti 2%
Avenatti 1%
Gillibrand 1%
Klobuchar 1%
Patrick 1%
Bullock below 1%
Delaney below 1%

I definitely agree.

Name recognition is everything this far out.

One of your better efforts, congrats.

Now if you can show where anything I said is untrue.

Wouldn’t it have been easier to win against Trump in 2016 than 2020? Incumbents are hard to beat and Biden was put away easily by both Hillary and Obama in the 2008 democrat primaries. I mean I can see your argument if something bad happens to the economy or some horrible war starts but if things stands as it is?

Trump didn’t even have a national organiztion behind him in 2016. Remember even a large part of the republican establishment was still fighting against him even after he secured the nomination.

The left has little to run on this year or 2020 other than hate and that’s rarely a winning strategy.

I wish Trump however would step down shortly after the mid terms and give Pence a chance to clean things up maybe with Ryan as VP.

That would make heads explode.