Left Wing Populism

Would Pence be able to hold the rust belt states that voted for Trump? Sanders performed pretty good in the rust belt states in the primaries. I have no doubt Pence would perform solidly in the traditional republican states but Wisconson, Michigan, and Pennsylvania?

I don’t see why not, stick to Trump’s agenda and keep the voters.

You could be right, it will be interesting to see if the republicans can keep those traditional (blue wall) states in play. Wisconson was the one that really surprised me and I think pretty much every pollster on election night.

Why can’t the left run on their usual platform?

Not true at all. Equal opportunity is a hallmark of left wing populism

Well, I was quite sure Trump was going to lose in 2016, so take any opinion I offer with a grain of salt. I thought his odds were lower than Nate Silvers 2 in 7 chance.

But I also think that some voters thought, “All of that craziness will be in his past. Being president is transformative. He’ll become the best version of himself.” Or something like that.

Instead, he’s basically stayed unchanged or gotten worse. His approval polls, if I recall correctly, were at their highest right after he was elected. That was the hope and support of independents mixed in with the crazies, I think.

Then after the endless string of dumpster fires that the country has witnessed, we’ve seen his disapproval numbers, with the except of the occasional Rasmussen outlier, remain consistently high, so much so that pollsters ought to consider creating a disgust index.

Trump’s got about 38-40 percent of true believers. Half of the country hates his guts. And the perpetual ten percent who are always on the fence? I doubt that most of them will re-up.

Horse hockey and it never has been. It’s about equalizing outcomes not opportunity and it is always done at the expense of those who have succeeded for the benefit of those who don’t.

his current approval numbers are now higher than when he was elected.

1 Like

In short, he has never been approved of.

Except that he was approved of enough to win the Presidency while Hillary and her ragged bunch of losers went home with the red ass.

1 Like

There are seven days in the week.

Exactly.

10 charles

Not true.

His peak was Inauguration Day.

With a few hills and valleys in between it’s been down hill since.

Allan

He was approved of more in certain states.

Overall Hillary was more approved of.

Allan

Libs will continue with the “all free today” routine. They will catch some with child-like minds and the gullible.

I’m so happy that you care so much about the rich! They’re absolutely going to get DESTROYED if they get taxed at a slightly higher rate! Rich people make society stable, not the worthless plebs of society!

By the way, do you believe that the tax cut isn’t a form of wealth redistribution?

Both sides are based on declining prospects for the average American worker.

Left wing populism is based on remedying this by providing single payer health care and low to no cost higher education.

Right wing populism is based on a profound misunderstanding of global economics and a tinge of good ole fashioned racism.

I truly feel bad for right wing populists because their best outcome appears to be jobs in coal mining and auto manufacturing. It would suck to be so riled up by politics only to be thrown under the bus again and again by billionaires who only use you for your vote. At least left wing populists will be able to get sick and not go bankrupt if they get what they want, even if they have to be PC about it.

1 Like

Equal outcome.

In certain states. California.

what has callie left the union?

Hillary more popular. :slight_smile: in this United States.

Allan