Lee Zeldin is assaulted on while campaigning

What a waste.

Tsk, tsk

Exactly. If he was that dangerous… keep him in jail. Not sure why conservatives want a cash bail system.

You might understand more clearly if a violent crime were committed against you or a family member.
But then again maybe not.

I and a number of my family members have been victims of violent crime - and yet we all still agree that despite whatever feelings we, or anyone else has, the premise of innocent until proven guilty is the most fundemental and absoluteluly inviolable cornerstones of justice.

So you’re ok with the release of violent criminals?

1 Like

In frikking slow motion LOL.

I believe that Constitutionally, there is only one legitimate purpose of bail - to ensure that a defendant appears for their trial.

If someone is provably a danger to the public, then remand him to jail.

LOl yeah right. Too funny.

But he is a stabbing risk.

If there was legitimate legal reason enough to think he was a stabbing risk, and the DA can show it to the judge, he would have been remanded to jail.

Weapon used in Lee Zeldin attack was $10 plastic cat keychain. Well ■■■■ I rest my case.

Should have been charged with Attempted Assault 1 under NY State Law, not Attempted Assault 2. Should be facing 5-25 instead of 2-7. The use of an instrument is the key element in the difference between the two charges. His personal issues are arguments for the sentencing phase, not the criminal trial. It was an act of political violence, which is an aggravating factor. Both charges are felonies.

3 Likes

Well, that’s a wrinkle.

Not sure I see what they are saying as she doesn’t blatantly come out and say attack him etc.

Not a good look though.

1 Like

Assumption. Facts not in evidence.

1 Like

Weapon.

That’s for trials, I am under no obligation personally to pretend a guy I see on video tape committing a crime is innocent.

2 Likes

So you wouldn’t mind if someone punched you in the throat a few times with one right?

3 Likes

If someone wants to call that attempted murder…

Oh he committed a crime.

Just not one that should have everyone up in arms that he was released on bail.

He was a very drunk dude with some obvious issues that hopefully he will get some help for.

But of course, I forgot…punitive punishment is the answer to everything.

Maybe they should have clapped him in irons and sent him to solitary right away,

Or maybe plugged him with 46 rounds.

2 Likes