LeBron James says neither Cavs nor Warriors will go to the White House

I’d forgotten all about those commercials, now I have to go watch them.

Translation, One disagreement after another. +1 +1

Again Trump’s Whitehouse should just stop inviting ANY TEAMS all these teams want to do is score MEDIA points with people.

Its stupid.

The Left would be annoyed if teams did this to Obama they would have called the players racists.

SO Simple just stop it. These Teams winning shouldn’t automatically grant them some kind of special event to meet the president. The players are not Royalty anymore than the President is.

1 Like

Somehow, Obama managed eight years in office without giving teams a reason to. So did Dubya, so did Bubba, so did, and on and on.

The problem isn’t the teams, it’s Donald.

1 Like

Yes it would seem Donald is the common denominator in all these situations.

1 Like

Donald shouldn’t have been an ■■■■■■■■

when the Boston Bruins won the cup… Tim Thomas didnt attend the White House celebration because he disagreed with Obama’s politics… no one gave 2 craps and we all moved on…

Some of us didn’t even know it happened.

1 Like

And Obama didn’t make a big deal about it.

1 Like

James Harrison from the Steelers didnt visit the White House neither… but again Obama is not as thin skinned as 45

Seems that players from teams have not seen the presidents in past
Larry Bird, Michael Jordan, James Harrison, Manny Ramirez, Theo Epstein, Albert Pujols, Tony La Russa, Tim Thomas, Tom Brady,Jake Arrieta

Matt Birk
The Baltimore Ravens center decided not to attend the White House ceremony because of his political beliefs. In his absence, he cited his opposition to Obama’s abortion stance as his reason for missing the June 2013 visit, after the team defeated the San Francisco 49ers in Super Bowl XLVII.

Jim Langer, Bob Kuechenberg and Manny Fernandez
More than four decades after their victory, three teammates declined to visit, all citing political reasons.

source: Tom Brady, Michael Jordan Among Pro Athletes Who Skipped Past Team White House Visits

To name a few.

And you didn’t seen Obama tweeting about it and making a point to “disinvite” them?

No he just set back race relations 50 years instead. Such a Wonderful man!

I’m aware.

OMG yes we all get it TRUMP is not Presidential just stop spewing it for everything. HE ISN’T anyones Idea of Presidential
JUST get over it.
He will never be the president you want him to be,

I don’t give a crap that he Tweets and makes issues out of this stupid small crap.
I think he does it mostly because he loves watching people like you and the media go NUTS over it.

Yes he is the biggest TROLL in the world.

But he has pulled back regulations on things that actually help people. His policy’s have been pretty good so far. So I don’t give a crap if he is presidential looking or not.

The divide began when people spent decades asking for some change on the issues of police brutality and criminal justice reform and were basically ignored by America’s white majority. The fact that a few athletes took a knee before some games to draw attention to these issues, only to have conservatives claim this was some affront to the military and patriotism in general, certainly did not help to bridge the divide. A Republican President who lies about predominantly black athletes, refers to them as sons of *******, and says that they don’t belong in the country probably didn’t help matters much either.

But yeah, Lebron is the problem.

1 Like

what has Obama done to do this… please use specific examples… thanks

Obama was not an utter scumbag like Trump is on a whole host of issues. He did not give groups reason to shun any involvement with him as a whole. Sure, some players from various teams decided not to make the trips, but not the overwhelming majority. And even if such an event had occurred, I do not think Obama would have released a statement questioning the patriotism of those who decided not to come.

Because he has more class in his pinkie finger than Trump could ever dream of having.

Have you forgotten Ferguson, Baltimore, etc and the way he interjected himself into those situations, before the facts came in, with extremely inflammatory rhetoric?

He stoked the division and anger and did so quite deliberately. It’s the Alnsky way.

Divide and conquer.

Race wasn’t the only thing he used this tactic on either.

You didn’t?

Holy crap, the media was all over it for weeks!

Oh, wait, it was Obama.

Nevr mind.