Law of unintended consequences: Quarantines can kill people

Shut The Machine down on a sunny day…

Agreed…but China did it.

So did South Korea. And Singapore. And Taiwan.

And your analogy is incorrect. The earlier you go, the less the Machine has to be shut off.

There was a Machine that needed to be “turned on”…the testing and tracking machine.

Call the national emergency earlier…the spotlight is shined that the testing machine is inoperable.

What was intelligence telling Trump should be done? Please give specifics.

What were all other countires doing at the time Trump put in the first travel ban? What was WHO recommending.

End of Jan US had a single case and travel restrictions were implimented against china. UK followed shortly after.

Admitted at the end of January.

China has a billion person population.

And I’ll ask again, without 20/20 hindsight, what were other countries doing? What was WHO recommending? What was congress doing to put pressure on President Trump?

What places and what were their reccomendations to CDC in Jan/Feb? Specifics please.

1 Like

It has been inspiring.

Especially private sector.

1 Like

No they didn’t.

What happens if you shut it down and didn’t need to? The hurricane turns?

1 Like

They did. South Korea, Singapore and Taiwan were up and running with their regimens when they got their first confirmed cases.

China locked down and scaled up their medical response when they had a tenth of the cases that we had and started to take it seriously.

If the hurricane turns, count yourself lucky and keep a wary eye out in case it turns again.

Hurricanes turn all the time. You think coastal areas under threat don’t start to batten down until it’s right upon them?

Stop dude. You’re not going to run me in circles.

Lol.

I’ve already agreed it was a systems failure…but the failure was to recognize it was a hurricane, not that it was a hurricane but wouldn’t impact.

This says your giving him a pass.

1 Like

:man_facepalming:

I’m just sitting on my ass at home since I can’t take my work home with me.

We are supposed to forget they did that. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

A Democrat president would have left China flying into the US long after Trump stopped them. Things would have been a lot worse a lot quicker under a Democrat.

2 Likes

And that Democratic President would be wrong. The hypothetical scenario doesn’t excuse the actual missteps Trump made through

Given the Biden criticism of Trump, is it completely hypothetical?

1 Like

When taking the entire statement into account and not selectively editing out the part about the move being taken too late? Yeah

:rofl: I’d like to see it please. Would Biden not have done it because it was too late?

Where does xenophobic play into that?

Why did Biden call him xenophobic for being late?

1 Like

Yes Biden would of most likely blew it too. But he didn’t, Trump did.

Trump blew it by not instituting a travel ban sooner. Yes he would of been blasted but it would of eventually legitimized a lot of his immigration policies by proving they keep is safe. He failed