"Latinx" does not resonate

Anecdotally, the only people who I have seen use LatinX are American born Caribbean Hispanics in their 20s, and only those who are more aware of non-binary people.

Conservatives can also keep assuming they are illegal or “taking our jobs”. Conservatives can also keep demanding that they assimilate and give up their native language for ours. Oh and keep assuming that opposition to social issues is a winning platform for conservatives to gain more Hispanic support.

1 Like

It’s a generational thing. Younger Latinos/as mine using Latinx. Other probably do mind.

They should really decide what term they want to be used… it’s really none of my business… just tell me the preference and I’ll follow it out of respect

1 Like

Stuff like this likely helps Republicans though.

I get the feeling you don’t interact with many Latino’s.

2 Likes

No, it really doesn’t help them. Anyone bothered enough about this to list it as a reason to support the party of xenophobic nativism…well, that’s it right there, no?

:joy:

Yeah that’s helpful. Right up there with gems like - my pronouns are xi/xim, queerbinary positive, #ClimateJustice, heteronormativity and whatever else brilliance one might encounter in the wasteland that is Woke Twitter. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Of course it is. Crit Gender Studies.

1 Like

I like Hispanico and Hispanica.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::+1:t4:

You might want to sit this one out

1 Like

AOC is not an academic.

1 Like

It is definitely critical consciousness, which is the real name for “woke”.

1 Like

The absurd word “latinx” is just a manifestation of libs pretending to practice “allyship” (which, in itself, is a term being absurdly pumped by libberism.)

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::+1:t4:

Oh I interact with LOTS…

It’s why I don’t label them rapists and murders or assume they are illegal or taking our jobs.

1 Like

What term do conservatives use instead?

They are taking jobs. I like it.

Go pester someone else.

If you say so.