Laphonza Butler

Don’t know much about her beyond what I have just read in this Wikipedia article, but she has just been selected to replace Dianne Feinstein.

2 Likes

Wow. I was pretty sure he’d nominate Lee.

Barbara Lee is 77.

Butler is 44/45.

There is your reason.

:smile:

I think California is probably done with old lady Senators after the last few months.

4 Likes

I heard she hasn’t lived in California for 2 years or so.

3 Likes

no. here’s your reason: wokeism, as usual

california is done with evil white people

6 Likes

She fills 3 boxes, female, black, gay.
Thing is I thought a Senator had to actually LIVE in the state they represent. According to the article @Safiel posted, she lives in Maryland.

Waiting to hear her called a “carpetbagger” like some on the left called Hillary when she was a Senator for NY.

6 Likes

All about the only freedom left…getting an abortion…Democrat superpower…destroying a fetus before it knows what mangled it.

Sweet Gavin said he didn’t want to meddle in primary. Now envision Shifty Schiff running against Laphonza. That will be interesting.

3 Likes

She lives in Maryland.

No DEI picks liberal enough who actually live in California???
She was an advisor to Kommie Harris’ presidential campaign…which if you’ll remember was just a smashing success.

A) what the hell…America cannot advance when the primary criteria for these very important jobs is skin color and who a person sleeps with…

B) Gavin newsom just showed the world why (that plus the fact that his once great state is collapsing of course) why he should never be given serious consideration to be president.

6 Likes

Butler currently lives in Maryland, according to her Emily’s List biography. Izzy Gardon, a spokesman for Newsom, said Butler owns a home in California. She is expected to reregister to vote in California before being sworn in. That could happen as early as Tuesday evening when the Senate returns to session.

Dems crapping on the constitution yet again.

Owning property does not make one a resident.

2 Likes

Demikrats dont need to follow rules.

3 Likes

nothing matters more to Democrats than this though. It is the prism through which they view everything because they think it is “progressive”

what it actually is is a slap in the face for anyone of color who actually worked to achieve

3 Likes

She’s not even a registered voter in the state she’s supposed to represent…

4 Likes

There are only 39 million people in Kalifornia, they couldn’t find one qualified.

3 Likes

…and Kamala totally disagrees with you. :sunglasses: :tumbler_glass:

1 Like

It’s like crack, but for virtue addicts. :rofl:

3 Likes

Which just convinces me that I’m right!

3 Likes

What?

Reregister in CA. That can’t be legal.

1 Like

I don’t live in California….have lots of family connections there and have always loved the state…

What’s being done to California by the kook fringe left should serve as a red flag to the country.

The clown governor in California has just appointed a person born in Mississippi who lives in Maryland and isn’t even a registered California voter to represent the people of California in the US Senate…

Has anyone asked this lady for her positions on water rights in California…(I’m sure her answer would be something about climate change), the border, taxes, homelessness in the major cities…did the 39 million people she’s about to represent get that courtesy or is the fact that she’s black and gay all that is required?

Does Gavin newsom know that Maryland isn’t exactly close to California?

3 Likes

But she’s queer, so who cares about important things? :man_shrugging:

3 Likes