Korea- trump didnt bring talks

Their storage facilities as well as their production facilities are in different locations. The loss of the testing facilities will have zero effect on producing more.

Keep giving the credit to Moon and Kim if it somehow makes you feel better but the fact is, no one could bring him to the table for the last sixty years and Trump did.

A map showing NKā€™s nuclear facilities.

http://www.nti.org/gmap/nuclear_north_korea.html?/

I gave no credit to Kim. Why did you throw that in there?

Iā€™m giving credit to the actual realities as they exist. Not the made up sycophantic machinations of a narcissist who believes everything is about him.

And you have demonstrated the exact opposite for a long time, particularly with respect to the Post Trump Election era.

You are right now actively supporting North Korea over the US, claiming otherwise would be one of those lies you were speaking of.

Letā€™s see, you are doing everything you can to discredit Trumpā€™s contributions to this moment in history so who then does deserve the credit?

Without the US the only possible way Korea is reunified is by invasion or surrender so you certainly cannot in any way give that credit to Moon.

Itā€™s not that I am discrediting it. Itā€™s that I am cognizant of reality. And reality is that Trump has done nothing different than his predecessors on this issue. Are you also going to give Obama credit, since he too employed sanctions? Somehow I doubt it. And Iā€™d agree we shouldnā€™t. Trumpā€™s sanctions and Obamaā€™s sanctions did nothing to deter NK from pursuing their objective, which they achieved.

But if it makes you feel better to give Trump credit, go ahead. I assume should things not progress to our liking, Trump will also deserve the blame too. We are still a long way away from a conclusion on this issue. And I trust Kim and NK about as far as I can throw them. We have seen this movie too many times now. Iā€™ll continue to remain hopefully optimistic this time is different.

I have not done ā€œeverythingā€ I can to discredit Trumpā€™s contributions to this moment.

To say such is to speak more lies about me.

I am ā€œright nowā€ supporting our removing our nationā€™s military nose from the Korean peninsula where it has never had any reason to be stuck.

That is a belief I have always had and I foresee no reason that I should ever change my mind about that.

Even if it means North Korea and South Korea fight another war and or one or the other side forces a unification. That is entirely their business. It never should have involved America in the past and it really should not involve the US in the now or the future.

What our presence there for 70 some years now has done is keep a state of war alive on the Korean peninsula. Our Super Power presence in occupied South Korea has led the North to feel it needs(ed) a nuclear footing to compete against the undue US influence.

I have given Trump credit for his contributions to this moment.

However I donā€™t believe his contributions were good or helpful.

And what you are saying is absolutely fundamentally false on itā€™s face.

As Kim ratcheted up his exhibitions of nuclear tech and medium/long range missiles he directly threatened both the US and S. Korea along with Japan.

In response Trump basically threatened to turn NK into a smoking hole, moved the necessary assets into place to do so and directly challenged him with a show of force.

We then too also stepped up the deployment and showing of our anti missile capabilities proving we can intercept his missiles at all three stages of attack as well as the ability to destroy both his fixed and mobile launch capabilities.

It was only after his doing so that Kim finally decided heā€™d run his bluff off of the cliff and failed.

Itā€™s been ā€œAmericaā€™s businessā€ for over 65 years whether you agree with our involvement or not.

It shouldnā€™t have been our business for 7 decades, it should not continue to be our business for any more time.

Every President that hasnā€™t removed our occupation forces from South Korea since the end of World War II has contributed to keeping the Korean peninsula divided and the keeping the Korean war alive and contributed to keeping North Korea and the South Korea from reunifying.

All it would have ever, and even now, taken was for one President to be willing to say ā€œenoughā€, we are leaving Korea and leaving YOUR problems to you to solve, cause it was a mistake for us to be there and to have remained there for so long.

Theyā€™ve prevented the slaughter of hundreds of thousands or millions of South Koreans not to mention unimaginable deaths in the north.

The end result would have been that those who survived in the south would have been just as bad up as those in the north today.

Iā€™m perfectly content with saving those millions of lives.

Uh huh. Like that would fly. ā€œBut the children!!!ā€ Weā€™ve been involved in many wars under Democrats that we shouldnā€™t have been involved in. Remember Bosnia?

And the end result then is millions of dead and generations enslaved.

Your lack of humanity is noted.

Trumpkin!!

He was doing the same thing, just badly. Itā€™s not partisan to chastise him for errors while also withholding praise for luck. 45 has made firm decisions to just be a troll and not contribute. I can match Moonā€™s opinion with Corkerā€™s, or with the Presidentā€™s own words using his medium of choice

trump-tweet-tillerson-china-north-korea

This is nothing but trolling and we have no reason to believe his private communications were any better because his calls with the Mexican and Australian heads of state in early 2017 were leaked, showing that he acts even dumber when no cameras are on. Itā€™s very obvious in both conversations where the opposite comes to the realization of what theyā€™re dealing with. Those Tweets + those leaks+ Corkerā€™s opinion make Tillersonā€™s alleged ā€œmoronā€ comment plausible. Thereā€™s no substantial new action aside from flailing about in 140 characters that I can give the President credit for here. Thereā€™s nothing like that in the ArmsControl.org chronology or any other timeline I can find on this issue.

On September 23 2017, he flew some bombers along the coasr. Thatā€™s all I can find. I donā€™t think Kim was so scared of them that it took him more than half a year to finally submit to Trumpā€™s strength.

As stated before, you seemingly have a strong desire to give praise and adulation to all things Trump in this situation, which is belied by the facts and reality as they are known. That is fine, and is very typical of Trumpā€™s ardent supporters. If you want to hail Trump as the savior of the Korean Peninsula, that is your choice. But do not be surprised when people donā€™t take you seriously on this issue, or continue to scoff at your claim that you are a critic of Trump.

They were at the table in 2000 and 2007.

Besides Kim visiting SK, why do you believe this time will be significantly different than those previous summits? What has Trump done differently in any meaningful way (tweeting harshly isnā€™t meaningful) than his predecessors?

For the first time since the Korean war we moved 3 carrier battle groups in the region. We conducted repeated missile intercept tests, had the largest war games weā€™ve ever participated in, in the region for the last four decades and more than tripled our air patrols right up to and on the line with N. Korea.

We also staged even greater assets nearby in places like Japan, and Guam and even sent the B-1ā€™s and B-52ā€™s to stage in S. Korea and Guam.

It was the largest show of force in the region since the signing of the ceasefire agreement.