Korea- trump didnt bring talks

Probably had something to do with his policy on “pre-emptive surrender and apology.”

That’s probably it. I mean Kim finally ran into a POTUS that wasn’t going to cower to his threats and has realized he’s run his bluff right off a cliff.

These people are delusional.

Examples of Obama and Bush cowering to Kim or his father? It’s much more delusional to think that Kim only just now figured out that attacking the United States is a bad idea.

Obama’s nuclear deal, Bush doing nothing after the first nuclear test. Clinton’s flat out giving into blackmail by Kim’s father.

trump’s bombs are bigger. He has the biggest bombs. No one has seem bombs this big.

2 Likes

And when NK went back on their word, the food aid was stopped by the end of March 2012 and then sanctions were strengthened 5 times since then. That doesn’t seem like cowering to me.

https://www.armscontrol.org/factsheets/dprkchron

Yep, gosh and those sanctions really turned Kim around didn’t they?

Taking military responses off of the table in dealing with N. Korea’s breach of the nuclear agreements was very much caving.

They were more effective at weakening NK than mean tweets. Trump kept applying more sanctions too.

They worked so well he was able and willing to kick both his nuclear and missile programs into high gear during Obama’s two terms.

What behavior is it those sanctions were purported to discourage again?

They worked well enough for the current administration to continue doing exactly the same thing.

Right. That’s why we didn’t have endless wailing and hand wringing out how Trump the warmonger was about to get us into a nuclear war with Little Kim.

Not at all surprising that a Trump Hugger such as you would consider the truth and reality as being “delusion”.

That is par for Donald’s course.

Enjoy the play.

:hugs:

You’re choosing to believe Kim over the facts, that does make you a sympathiser.

Like many your hatred of Trump has shown that your patriotism is purely partisan in nature.

Their primary test site and it has everything to do with their current capabilities. Why did you make that up? Are you seriously of the mindset that Trump and Trump alone deserves all of the credit for the work that SK has done here?

I mean, over the last year and a half that Trump has been in office, NK actually accelerated its nuclear testing and missile launches, even with Trump’s bellicose rhetoric and continuation of Obama’s strategy of sanctions. It was not until their main test site was destroyed, coupled with the olive branches from SK, that has moved the situation forward. And you want to give Trump all the credit here? It’s, weird man. Only Trump’s most sycophantic supporters do stuff like this. I thought that wasn’t you? :confused:

1 Like

So be it. If my believing more, than Trump, a person who was at the center of the talks, as well as being one of the parties doing the talking, makes me a sympathizer to the cause.

I don’t hate Trump.

Despite his putting me in his “enemy” category.

But I don’t trust him.

My patriotism is real and nonpartisan and puts country and all of her citizens over any temporary individual holder of the oval office.

Obviously you cannot recognize that.

I didn’t make anything up. The loss of the site hasn’t had any effect on their current capabilities. None of their weapons were lost, nor the tech and knowledge of how to produce them in the future.

They accelerated their testing and launches to test and intimidate Trump and they failed.

I get that you don’t like Trump but damn you have to know in spite of your rhetoric his policies toward NK appear to have worked. For the first time since the war a N. Korean Leader is in direct talks with the US and S. Korea and has actually come to the South for those discussions and will be returning for more.

I can’t recognize what obviously doesn’t exist. You’ve made yourself abundantly clear to anyone who has read your posts since the election.

Patriotism is putting your country first above all others even when you don’t like the President or party holding the majority and you’ve done the exact opposite since his election just like most democrats.

Please provide proof that they lost no technology or weaponry in the collapse of their main testing facility. Thanks in advance.

They accelerated their testing in spite of Trump, as his continuation of Obama’s sanctions and his rhetoric were obviously not a deterrent for them.

And yes, it is potentially historic, the progress being made by SK, whose President ran primarily on unifying the Korean Peninsula and bringing NK to the table. Which has worked, especially since their primary testing facility was destroyed. Yet, you don’t give any of the credit to these factors. Only to Trump, who did little more than talk tough and continue the same approach we’ve taken with NK since the Obama years. It’s weird.

You’re right, I don’t like Trump. But I have given him credit when deserving. I’ve praised his judicial nominees, his commitment to stemming illegal immigration (although the Wall is absurd but that’s a conversation for another time) as a couple of examples. We could give him credit for this too, as an ego stroke, but it is not really his doing. If you’re truly not a Trump defender and supporter of all things, I would assume you would be capable of seeing this reality my friend.

I have always put my country first above all others.

Saying otherwise about me is speaking lies.