Kentucky congressman disinvites AOC to visit coalminers (4-17-2019)

That won’t stop them from, later on down the road, claim she didn’t want to come.

I have a hard time holding a freshman Rep. to a higher standard than the President of the United States.

1 Like

I find it interesting that supporters of donnie want to go the “she’s dumb” route. As if they were going for the biggest Irony prize of all. :rofl:

And a female minority from NYC.

Can’t help but notice the sad attempt to turn the tables here by calling her “too much of a coward”…:rofl: Talk about transparent…

I said AOC was not always right. How does your point about veterans relate to this event?

What, pray tell, do you call this?

“I want to invite the gentle lady to come to Eastern Kentucky where thousands of coal miners no longer have paychecks,” he said. “I invite her to go underground with me and meet the men and women who do heroic work to empower the American economy.”

Here’s a very accurate summary of the situation.

Nothing AOC said about Crenshaw in those tweets was out of the bounds of normal back and forths between politicians. And again, Barr doesn’t have a leg to stand on regarding incivility unless he’s also calling on president Trump to do the same. Has he? Has he refused to cooperate with Trump unless Trump knocks off the uncivil tone?

No need.

A thinking man doesn’t need to do so.

1 Like

It goes back to strong vocal women. I don’t think Trump supporters like that trait in women.

AOC says something outlandish and she’s dumb, stupid.
Trump says something outlandish and not one word.

3 Likes

Was an apology condition added to the invite after the invite was initially extended?

well it looks like the troops were finally called in

so let me point out again - the the op is wrong, as is the article in it, because the invitation still stands. as long as she makes amends for her arrogant bitchy comments

keep piling on, but unless there is actually a “disinvite” (see op title!) the op is wrong

it’s what you get when bust out yahooooo news your world view

yes, the day after her comment

no standards exist outside of those for trump?

I think you have it backwards. Standards for everyone except Trump.

1 Like

So she can show up and rep. Barr will take her to see the coal mines?

Lol. Nope, she has to apologize first.

I will amend my op title to disinvited from the original no conditions invitation.

Lol.

She was disinvited when the conditions for an apology went up.

Allan

The initial invite was extended Tuesday March 26th during a committee hearing.

He made the invite official that Wednesday:

Barr told the Courier Journal that his office sent a formal email invitation to Ocasio-Cortez’s chief of staff on Wednesday. He said he has visited underground and surface mines operated by different companies on multiple occasions since taking office, adding that it’s important for lawmakers who debate energy policies to meet Kentucky miners face-to-face.

“I think that it’s a tremendous opportunity to have two people with different points of view share their perspectives with Kentuckians,” Barr said.

The letter adding the condition that she apologize to Crenshaw came on April 12th. Here’s a tweet link to the letter and a tweet from Barr:

https://twitter.com/RepAndyBarr/status/1116802528459595776

So his letter that changed the terms of the invitation, based on a completely unrelated situation to the Green Deal/coal mine issue, was made one day after her comment, but came over 2 weeks after he formally issued the invite.

Barr was looking for a way out, and that was his way out.

Of course, as AOC mentioned, she doesn’t need his invite to be able to visit coal miners in KY.

Barr comes out the loser here. He helped AOC here.

1 Like

when the first invite occurred, or when she accepted, doesnt matter

she tweeted her disrespecful slap to crenshaw the 11th. letter requesting apology came out next day.

to say this was a “way out” is purely opinion and unfounded unless you believe her adolescent minded twit tweets, which yahoo news of course happily does.

gotta love how when she attempts to brain with written language the media runs with it as fact

Stop with the overdramatization. Nonsense. “Direspectful slap.” Partisan claptrap.

That issue-Crenshaw’s tweets/retweets about what Omar said-has nothing to do with coal/energy/jobs.

Barr buckled. That’s all this is.

1 Like

thanks for your opinions

It’s not an opinion that the topic of AOC calling out of Crenshaw has nothing to do with the topic of jobs and colon Kentucky.

it’s an opinion that barr used this as an excuse to avoid facing the brilliant, brave widdle firebrand that has colbert and 60 minutes all agog

and it’s a very unfounded, stretch of an opinion. based on her dumb ass ditz tweet as though everyone “fears” her