Kennedy Retiring From USSC

That’s fine. Gorsuch is going to be an interesting pick… We have’t seen anything yet

True, but it’s still a precarious balance. We have seen it the last couple of days with all of these 5 to 4 decisions. Plus, there is still the matter of appointing other judges, not just ones for the Supreme Court.

And of course the death of Scalia was very sudden and unexpected.

This has been a very good week for Cocaine Mitch. Because of his gamble to not bring Garland even up for a hearing and make the vacancy an election issue, conservatives eventually got Neil Gorsuch out of that, and ruling this week that should make conservatives very happy.

This is not so good news for red state Ds up for reelection… Manchin, Donnelly, Heitkamp, McCaskill and Tester.

3 Likes

if the dems take the presidency and senate in 2020 I hope they decide to add 4 more judges to the court. all extreme liberals.

Either way i think we are on a crash course to civil war…

Honestly. This should be a depressing moment for all Americans. Like, I can handle Trump being president. ■■■■ happens. But how did we get to the point where Donald Trump is picking multiple supreme court justices? Just let that sink in for a moment. Donald Trump will be shaping future of the supreme court for decades. Donald Trump. Like, even Republicans should be like … yeah, this can’t be good. We ■■■■■■ up.

1 Like

He is not picking anything. But yes you are right.

I’m assuming we will get another Justice that is pretty well aligned with Gorsuch also.

I’m just here for the ■■■■ show.

2 Likes

Agreed. Trump already confirmed he will be picking someone from the list he was given. I’m sure Heritage has been providing him with the names of other judges too. From what I’ve heard, most of the choices have been very good ones.

1 Like

Don’t need it. Dems are rabid.

2 Likes

How exactly are they going to do that, since you only get to appoint judges when there is a vacancy.

Long over due. Hope we get another Gorsuch.

A female version of Gorsuch would be awesome. In any case, going by the Heritage list, it will be another excellent choice for conservatives.

Apparently Moon wants the Democrats to act like Dictators and Fascists to do things they can do. I thought they didn’t like Dictators and Fascism.

That would be a good WIN for the GOP if they could pick a Female like Gorsuch.

As if this week hasn’t already been bad enough for the left. The final decision today was the icing on the cake.

Well done Cocaine Mitch.

Associate Justice Jeanine Pirro!

Do it Donny, do it!

Cant…Roosevelt tried /threatened that and they made a law limiting the numbers of SC Justices.

The same reason as noting Sarah Sanders looks? Just guessing.

Who was doing that? And does that mean it is OK?

There were several women on the Heritage list. I remember reading a lot about this list during the election. Even conservative writers who were anti Trump had lots of praise for the quality of the potential candidates Heritage had provided.

Since Trump indicated he will make a decision based on that list, I’m sure he or she will be a good choice.