Kansas votes to NOT remove abortion protection from state constitution

In Missouri (and most other states free enough to have people vote on amendments), if we don’t like what the legislature does, we’ll do it ourselves.

Our right to keep and bear arms (without a permit) is unalienable.

Our right to farm shall not be infringed.

These are small examples of things We The People add to our constitution when our representatives fail to legislate our will.

2 Likes

Of course you are ignoring the part where extreme politicians are not going to the people…which was why I told you when you “predicted” this that there would be no move towards moderation.

Kansas does not validate you.

Haha!

That’s refreshingly naive!

Nah, I’m just smart enough to see how this is all going to play out, because I’m one of those people who doesn’t need polls and links to tell me what the outside world is like. :wink:

1 Like

Let us also remember, hardly any legislatures are currently in session. Let’s talk again in 2023.

Especially right now. Polls right now are worthless

They’re, skewed. :wink:

Okee dokee.

In the meantime several states have severely restrictive abortion laws and those aren’t changing any time soon.

Alright “worthless” might be a bit strong. “Unreliable” might be more accurate.

They’ll get it worked out on their own time, not yours. It’s none of your business anyway. :wink:

1 Like

I concur. lol

That was funny thread.

1 Like

I especially liked the way those half dozen or so libs freaked out when confronted with the fact that a middle ground is there. :rofl:

1 Like

Unless its cannabis. Didnt one farmer lose his court case to grow cannabis?

Libs here thinks anyone to right of Mao Zedong are radical extremist.

Sure it is. I’m allowed to have an opinion on it.

Many of the red states will have restrictive abortion laws going forward.

So the result of overturning Roe was indeed the proliferation of restrictive abortion laws most people in the country do not favor.

These laws have already had negative impacts.

This was not an “overreaction” to say so.

It was ruled in a bench trial (prior to the state medical cannabis program, enacted via We The People) that the guy with a criminal record growing 300+ plants throughout his trailer (ratted out by his son in revenge over drugs) did not have the right to do so under the Right to Farm Act.

No, it’s not. :rofl: For example, your opinion means absolutely nothing here in Missouri. :wink:

2 Likes

What people in NYC want will be given the weight it deserves here in Texas, and visa versa.
They are certainly free to comment if they want, just as we do about NYC.

1 Like

It’s a state issue and so the constitution is working like it should. Roe was court activism and it hurt the country.

1 Like