Kamala helps bail out child rapist

Our system says nothing about me volunteering to pay someone elses bail, try again.

Because your sense of proportion is off, a possibly innocent man should be denied his legal rights?

He has zero legal rights to anyone else paying his bail, try again. Nobody was obligated to pay it.

So, your moral certitude and strong disgusts should override the freedoms and rights of others?

Do you believe Strzok et al lawfully obtained the FISA warrants? Would it be immoral to contribute to a bail fund for those arrested?

How about an ex husband accused by the wife.

That somebody filed a complaint is not proof of anything.

I don’t know why you keep trying to make this about you. No one is trying to convince you to pay anyone’s bail.

But if you approach the situation from a perspective that innocence is presumed - which I, the MFF, and the United States justice system all do - there is no moral failing in paying bail for those accused of any crimes.

2 Likes

@zantax what you want MFF to do is counter to the point of what they do.

Again, he has no right to anyone else’s money.

He has every right to walk out of jail if other people freely give their money.

Do they have the right to give it?

Innocence is presumed by our legal system. Individuals are under no such obligation. Which all the Anti-Trumpers seem to understand fairly well.

Yes, we have been over this. And I have a right to find it to be repugnant.

1 Like

Now there’s a valid point.

Nobody has claimed otherwise.

Of course not. You have made it clear in this thread that a credible accusation is enough evidence for you, and it is true that you are not obligated to presume innocence.

But it is not in any way morally repugnant for me, or the MFF to presume innocence.

Of course not, if he rapes another child while out on bail they provided who could possibly blame them. Hilarious. And yes a credible accusation someone raped a child is way more than enough for me to withhold my own money to pay their bail, because I am not a monster. How many accused rapists have you put bail up for this year?

1 Like

Unless it’s Trump. :wink:

Trump should stop confessing, then.

Now, back to topic.

You are failing to understand the purpose of bail. It is not to keep bad people in jail.

That is your right. It does not, however, make those who fundamentally disagree with you morally bankrupt.

I thought tried and convicted was the lofty standard just a few posts back.