Kamala Harris: I'm Suddenly A Gun Owner Despite My Previous Assaults On The Second Amendment

Harris proved that theory right again during an event last week in Iowa.

“i’m a gun owner. I own a gun for probably the same reason a lot of people do, for personal safety. I’m a former prosecutor,” Harris told reporters with an uncomfortable laugh. “In terms of gun policy though, I think that for too long, and still today, we are being offered a false choice, which suggests you’re either in favor of the Second Amendment or you want to take everyone’s guns away. It’s a false choice.”

I’d be interested in some opinions on this.

I agree with her. You can own guns and support the right to own guns, but not support unrestricted gun access. The latter doesn’t make you against the 2A. It’s not an all or nothing proposition.

What does the 2nd Amendment say?

You know what it says. Don’t play games. If you think that any restrictions is an infringement than there is nothing to discuss.

I believe you have the right to keep and bear Arms, but that right isn’t unlimited and unrestricted.

1 Like

Based on what?

Based on what the Supreme Court has said.

Great. So your argument is “since it has already been violated, we can violate it.” I’ve heard that before.

No, my argument is the Supreme Court is the final arbiter of what is/is not constitutional, and while I may not like a particular decision I respect it because I follow the rule of law.

You obviously disagree with Harris. You believe the 2A should have no restrictions?

“Congress shall make no law…abridging the freedom of speech”

We can’t yell Fire! in a crowded theater. Or threaten the lives of public officials. Or slander people. Etc, etc.

Final Arbiters!

Tell me something; how can anyone read that sentence and get from there to

And

?

We can’t yell Fire! in a crowded theater.

The Myth.

And yet here you are, slandering daily.

What I believe is irrelevant. What it says is the point.

You’re one of the few dems that believe we should be able to keep and bear arms, if you’re being truthful.

My problem is what the left deems “reasonable” or “common-sense” when they roll out their Christmas list length of proposed “gun-control” measures.

Soooo we can yell “Fire!” in crowded theaters?

Gabby Gifford got shot in the damn head and was still pro 2nd… Stop with all dems want your guns

There are dems on this board who want confiscation. Maybe not all, but a sizable amount.

I am being truthful, and I think you are mistaken. Yes, there are many Dems that would prefer taking guns away, but there are just as many Dems that support the 2A and the rights of citizens to own guns.

To me, I don’t approach it as gun control, but think in terms of gun safety. And I don’t have any ideas how we get there. If I were president I would initiate a commission to study gun safety, involving supporters of both sides of the issue, calling for public hearings so all aspects of the issue are given consideration. Let’s talk about gun safety first. No decisions or new laws, just start with getting information out to the public.

The Dems on this board may not represent the entirely of the Democratic Party.

If you want to ridicule my opinions straight out of the gate, why did you start the thread? If you think the 2A means nobrestrictions, why didn’t you just say so?