Justice Department is seeking to dismiss case against Michael Flynn

What kind of crime do we call lying to the FBI?

And now the full story.

Not 15. But 16 (key distinction in some states). He steals a car, crashes it and pleads guilty (later saying he wasn’t the driver he was only a “bystander”. Gets sentenced more than likely appropriately for the crime and is released on probation. AKA don’t committe another crime OR you go back to jail and see if your going to stay there.

Then while still on probation, matches description of someone who stole a backpack with $700 cash in it and an Ipad – bumps the value to over $1,000 taken – to most likey a felony.

Bail for the theft 3 grand. But held on the probation violation charge. Gets into some fights in the jail, finally gets a court hearing, and the 10 grand bail is set for the theft, the probation violation, and the jail fights.

So saying he was held on 10k bail for stealing a backback isn’t the entire truth now is it?

3 Likes

If that 16 year old had a townhouse in DC to sell, and used that money to pay Covington to represent them, do you think he’d have spent 5 years in jail?

Probably not. As I said, the prodacutor should be fired. But saying it’s a 10K bail for stealing a backpack is incorrect. You should give accurate facts when throwing something out don’t ya think?

2 Likes

Of course.

That’s why you shouldn’t claim that the FBI threatened to “bankrupt” Flynn.

Investigation of what?

This is sinister.

If he had lawyers that would have charged $300 instead, it just would have taken three times as long before he caved. (He caved once he was out of money. Not because at some point he would have run out of money.)

It always sounds better if you leave out a few “details”.

And thus, he copped a plea.

You seem to be indicating this was OK.

And of course it was OK to TDS-ers. Now you libs can say, “So why did he cop a plea?”

1 Like

Thousands of criminal defendants are sentenced to staggering amount of prison time each year. Most of them were represented by public defenders covering 20 cases at a time.

You’re not going to convince me to shed any tears over a sob-story about a millionaire white-collar criminal who had to sell one of his houses to pay for the best legal representation money can buy.

If it’s not OK for the FBI to use familial leverage against Flynn, there are probably a hundred thousand inmates across the country who “should” be let free today.

But he had a public defender like you wanted Flynn to hire. :roll_eyes:

I didn’t “want” Flynn to use the PD’s office (although DC does have one of the best). He is welcome to choose whatever representation he wants.

But I’m not going to feel bad for him having to pay the lawyers he chose to hire.

And yet you suggested he should have hired one of those.

Ok, first let’s review the guy being defended here.

Flynn’s case was wrapping up, when it became that Flynn had been talking to Sergey Kislyak and was telling the country that had just had sanctions placed on it for its attacks on the country that just keep calm and it’s going to be ok.

So now you’re the FBI going into this final review and this is what the notes are talking about, not setting him up, but what happens if he lies? If he tells the truth he’s fired immediately (with most non collusion curious administrations), and if he lies then they are looking at opening an investigation. At this point too they had a pretty good idea that Flynn was telling some whoppers about Turkey.

Oh, and during this time and later, Flynn has $600k in his pocket from our Frenemy, Turkey, and nobody knows about this and Flynn is forming official government policy on Turkey. His two sworn statements are wildly different from each other, and thanks to Lindsey Graham’s document release yesterday there are even more undisclosed contacts Flynn had with Turkey.

Michael Flynn is a national security threat who was treated like a national security threat.

Judge Sullivan has jurisdiction of this case, not Bob Barr, who has really stepped in it now. Sullivan has the power to appoint a special prosecutor and he’s done it before.

Flynn is still a scumbag, most of you don’t even know the vague fuzzy contours of what he’s done.

10 Likes

No, I didn’t.

I said he had the option of using a public defender.

Not sure I said it wasn’t ok. I said it was the coercion they used to get him to cop a plea. I probably would do the same to keep one of my family members out of the grinder that I was in.

You were the one who suggested it.

I understand why you are backpedaling from that suggestion now. I would too, if I had made it.

But did he? Doesn’t a defendant have to show financial need before getting a public defender?

:rofl:

The gaslighting isn’t going to work. All of my posts are here, in the context they were made. Cutting them up and taking random sentences isn’t going to help you.

The meaning of my posts has been clear from the beginning.