Just some guy notices amazing things about earth....a challenge to the theory of plate tectonics?

The most interesting thing is the emotion this guy brings out. It’s just some guy with an interesting theory.

and I see more of a rabbit on the moon, than a face.

A scientific theory backed by nothing but images from Google maps.

The emotion it brings out in me is sadness at how poorly we have taught people science, logic, and critical thinking.

Google earth is a relatively new source of data.

Of course. No images of the earths surface existed before google maps.

He’s using logic critical thinking by matching features on the earth. And he’s asking for others, if they see what he sees… That’s science.

It would be very hard and time consuming to do what he’s doing using old satellite photographs. The technology is what’s allowing him to match parts of the earth so easily.

And those people who would have access to satellite photos would probably not even question plate tectonics and thus never notice all these repeating pattern over the globe.

why’s that?

This guy does not have a theory. He has a “theory”.

If we’re going to discuss science, can we at least get the basic meaning of a fundamental process correct?

1 Like

No…he’s not.

He doesn’t have a theory.

He doesn’t even have a testable hypothesis

1 Like

If you knew anything about how Google Earth is put together, you’d understand why using this technology to detect “matching patterns” is almost as far from realistic observations as one could get.

This is why this guy is not practicing science, logic, or critical thinking.

Not in the slightest.

Can we stop calling what this guy says “theories”?

Theories are structures of ideas to explain facts. Not pulling stuff out of your ear with no training or a leg to stand on.

4 Likes

Exactly. Flipping and transposing Google Earth images is not science. This tells me a lot about anyone who thinks this video is remotely valuable.

It is no coincidence that the same people who proffer this garbage are the same ones who deny actual science.

Dunning Kruger in full effect.

2 Likes

I think we have some very closed minds…

Kind of like Galileo can’t be right, he didn’t study the bible correctly. The bible was the orthodoxy at the time too…

It’s not even remotely the same thing.

That’s simply a self-defense mechanism you have put into place to avoid seeing why this guy is actually being criticized.

I’ll give you a hint as to why he’s being criticized.

Galileo when looking through his telescope was actually looking at Jupiter and its moons.

Google Earth is NOT a real representation of the Earth.

Not even close.

1 Like

He’s here…

Steps in the Scientific Process

• Step 1: Ask a question. For the first step, help your child form a question, hopefully one that can be answered! …
  • Step 2: Do background research. …
  • Step 3: Construct a hypothesis. …
  • Step 4: Test your hypothesis by doing an experiment. …
  • Step 5: Analyze the data and draw a conclusion. …
  • Step 6: Share your results.

That’s silly.

If you don’t understand the basics of the scientific method, it’s not really difficult to learn. I have taught it to 10 year olds in a week. I could send you some good places online to shore up your understanding.

This guy barely has the beginnings of an observation. He’s a long way from a Theory.

Not even close? Where do you get that from?