Just don't call it open borders

Of course they can. Those numbers seem virtually impossible.

1 Like

Yep. Which is exactly why tax cuts stimulate the economy.

It is true. Read the rules. Legal entry and application for asylum are two different things.

2 Likes

Then what is your government source for asylum hearings? I can’t much see what you would argue about at a hearing on deportations other than asylum.

Yep. Been through that one before many times in this forum. If you enter illegally you can then, when caught, claim asylum. That entry was still illegal.

2 Likes

Based on your logic having open borders and increasing our population by 1 or 2 billion (or more - why stop there) would exponentially stimulate GDP!

Lib/Prog logic 101 - importing poverty from all over the world increases a country’s prosperity!:+1::crazy_face:

From the link I provided:

With all of that in mind, let’s go back to the TRAC report: “With rare exception, asylum seekers whose cases were decided in FY 2019 also showed up for every court hearing.” In this context, decided how? With a decision on the merits of the “asylum seekers[’]” asylum claims, or on whether they should be removed or not? My money is on the former.

If so, that almost guarantees that the alien would have appeared at all of the hearings through the IJ’s final asylum decision (or had his or her appearance waived), because if the alien did not appear the alien would be ordered removed in absentia without the IJ ever issuing a decision on the alien’s asylum application.

Why am I betting that way? Because according to statistics from the Executive Office for Immigration Review (EOIR, the Department of Justice component with jurisdiction over the immigration courts and the Board of Immigration Appeals), in FY 2019, there were 10,542 in absentia removal orders in cases involving asylum applicants.

Given this fact, the only way that 98.7 percent of all non-detained asylum seekers whose cases were decided had shown up for all of their hearings is if there were at least 810,923 asylum decisions issued in FY 2019 (assuming that my math is correct — I had my son check it, and 10,542 cases is 1.3 percent of 810,923). We know that is not correct, however, because again, according to EOIR, IJs only issued 92,905 asylum decisions in FY 2019.

In other words they show up to a certain point. So if you just counted those who show up to the point where the merits of their claim is decided and NOT the removal decision then you get very high numbers.

1 Like

Sadly there is no logic when dealing with libs and progs re: the southern border.

If someone wants to come to America legally we have a process for that.

Biden and his administration have turned the southern border over to drug dealers, human traffickers, there have been multiple reports of Al Quaeda affiliated people being caught trying to get into America. How many of those lovely humans haven’t we caught.

A sovereign nation needs to have sovereign secure borders. We were taking steps in that direction prior to the swearing in of the single dumbest president our lifetimes, Joseph Robinette Biden. Why has the administration been flying people in the middle of the night with no transparency to locations all over the interior of the country? Why did the administration tell Fox it had to take down it’s drone during the wreck of those Haitians living under that bridge in Del Rio…when Fox was basically the only network paying attention.

The answer is, this fraudulent president and his pathetic VP and Director of Homeland Security and their sycophants don’t think you and I have a right to know what they are doing. It’s disgusting…

America can and should be doing so much better. This is a disaster.

If you wanted to destroy this country you would govern exactly the way Joe Biden and his sickos are governing.

The facts provided by the government are wrong?

Next thing you’ll be disputing is the unemployment rate.

They are impossible only to this with a severe bias.

Allan

Asylum applications come in two flavors.

1. People who show up at a point of entry

2. Illegals who are already in the United States, who had a change of heart (captured)

Allan

You truncated my post which changed the meaning. What I said was: “Legal entry and application for asylum are two different things.”

So, do you have a point that is pertinent to my post?

You can be in the United States illegally and apply for asylum.

Allan

Yes … but that’s still not pertinent to my post.

Maybe you ought to go back and review the post to which that was in response to.

I think the issue was not the governments figures, but whether the term “who’s cases were decided” included cases that were tossed out due to absentia.

“Asylum”

“Tell Biden we are coming,” one migrant named William from El Salvador told Fox News.

1 Like

From your link:

“The Biden administration has blamed root causes like poverty, corruption and violence in Central America elsewhere and has pledged massive investments of taxpayer money to try and combat those root causes.”

I guess America needs to “invest” trillions of dollars into all of these other countries as well? The wall is looking cheaper and cheaper.

J’Biden’s administration is intentionally ignoring the law. They are criminals and belong in jail.

1 Like

But wait. Trump had these border incursions much more under control last year. Does that mean these areas were hit with poverty, corruption and violence as soon as Biden became President?