Just asking...Nothing Political unless you want to talk about the politics of it...How many of us have been vaccinated as of today?

Well as long as you’re happy, the rest of us can eat… dirt.

Please do.

1 Like

Is this empathy?

No, it’s not.

1 Like

Just wondering. I’ve been told I don’t have any.

And you paid attention to what you had been told?
Yoi

Is it me or can you cut the sarcasm with a knife?

1 Like

I was vaccinated on Wednesday. No big deal, just a sore arm. I’m taking my 93 y/o mom to get her first shot tomorrow. She’s in the high risk category.

2 Likes

In Texas the 1b category is 65 and up. I had to wait in a line of cars for an hour and a half to get my first shot last Monday. Whether it will do me any good remains to be seen as someone in my household took sick with COVID last Tuesday. They are young and are much improved now. Think I will get tested tomorrow.

According to Fauci the drop off, although significant, is still in the safe range. But they are working on a booster for the South African variant just in case.

Fauci is full of bull feathers.

Your state is almost using up their doses as fast as it comes in. Good job.

Pretty much. For many of us what transpires within our circle of life determines our mood. I’m happy for the guy. It was a great year for him. I don’t blame him one iota for not letting the rest of the world ruin his mood.

For me 2020 wasn’t even close to the best year of my life, but it was not a bad one either. Certainly not my worst year. But I’m sure others think differently.

Moderna

First shot: sore arm next day.
Second shot: mildly sore arm the day of. Next day had low grade fever, aches, shivering for a few hours at night. Symptoms gone the next morning. Didn’t take anything for the symptoms.

I’m not getting it. But It’s not side effects that I worry about. Just distrust, paranoia, whatever you want to call it. Something they’re trying to push on an entire country, or world for that matter just raises red flags for me. If all goes well I’ll probably get it in a about two years if I’m still alive.

Another reason is some people are young and healthy and simply don’t fear it.

Another reason are people that already got Covid and shook it off. Like interchange 7A where I work. Just about every collector and supervisor came down with Covid. Now none of them are getting the vaccine.

Maybe I do have empathy

Not they…moderna

Yeah, after my post I read your next post saying exactly that.

My wife takes Humira every two weeks due to Crohn’s disease. I don’t think she can get the vaccine. If not, you would think I should get the vaccine? I really don’t want to, but might have to. I just don’t know right now. I’ve had one episode back when I was 15 years old. I was stung by 3 wasps and had to be rushed to the hospital shortly thereafter due to an extreme allergic reaction.

Since then I’ve been stung by bees, not wasps. Nothing happened. But they say if you’ve had an allergic reaction don’t take the vaccine? I really have no idea it’s so all over the place.

We are not scheduled to start vaccinating until middle to late February.

Did anyone get a vaccination card? If so, does it have your picture on it?