Just asking...Nothing Political unless you want to talk about the politics of it...How many of us have been vaccinated as of today?

I have, as a health care worker, Last Wednesday I was able to get the Moderna Vaccine, first dose. Yes, I am Sr. Management, but yes, I also from time to time have to work direct care, and other times I have to attend meetings with staff and clients. So I am at an increased risk, but not as much as my staff, and others. I largely did it to set an example for my staff, in hopes they would decide to get the vaccine that was offered by my company. Fewer than 20 of the 100 staff I have opted in.

Did you get the vaccine? And what do you think causes people to opt out of getting it. Personally I have been studying Moderna and Phizer since July. I would have taken either, but glad I got the Moderna. It is 80.2 % effective after 14 days so as of next Wednesday I will be 80% more protected than I was without it. Phizer is only about 56% after 14 days…but you get the second dose 7 days after that.

Thoughts?

1 Like

I am in Central Texas and my clinic sent me a email that I was on a waiting list. And then this week I received another notification that they no longer had a public waiting list. They said that they had received just enough vaccine for their staff to get their first shot. However they have not been told if or when they will get enough vaccine for the staff to get their second shot. So now I am calling around to pharmacies to see if I can get on a list. And so far I am getting a whole bunch of busy signals.

Travis County?

Williamson County.

1 Like

They decided to start at 75 and older in tn instead of 65 and older so i’m not even eligible till …who knows. :man_shrugging:

Kind of think i want the johnson and johnson which isn’t out just yet anyway.

1 Like

I got both, feel fine and happy about it. Second shot was a breeze, don’t buy the hype.

I’m waitlisted. First facility has the Moderna, the second the Pfizer. I’m not sure which is better, honestly.

EDIT: OP may have already answered my question.

Personally I have been studying Moderna and Phizer since July. I would have taken either, but glad I got the Moderna. It is 80.2 % effective after 14 days so as of next Wednesday I will be 80% more protected than I was without it. Phizer is only about 56% after 14 days

Is your third eye coming in yet?

The task force said today that the J&J vaccine drops to 57% efficacy if it is going up against either the British or South African strains. And J&J has not made a statement if they can modify their vaccine. And Fauci said that the current models show that the British strain could be the most prominent strain in the US by late March or early April.

1 Like

How does Moderna stack up?

I didn’t think those Johnson & Johnson numbers looked encouraging whatsoever. Is that a failed effort or am I misunderstanding those reports?

Don’t buy what Hype?

My first shot hit me kind of hard. I was wiped out for Most of Thursday and Friday. And into the weekend. I got it last Wednesday. But I really didn’t get hard.

Torey…Pfizer or Moderna?

I don’t think you can even cite numbers like that yet…Moderna has said that while effectiveness drops off some against the South African Variant, it doesn’t say how much. And J&J is still in trials isn’t it. Not sure if they know. Moderna says that it feels confident that there will still be protection against the variant…They are still reviewing the numbers as to how much the antibodies drop off with this new variant from South Africa.

Moderna is also looking at developing a booster to the vaccine which just targets the South African Variant…but I have to question how much vaccine is too much vaccine in a short period of time. Maybe those who have not gotten it yet, will be surprised with a new version? I don’t know.

Just found this - very encouraging news.

I poked it out on Saturday.

Both Moderna and Phizer have said that their vaccine platforms and structured that they will have to do minor tweaks to make their vaccines in the mid-90’s for the new strains. They are working on it but it is too early to have any data.

1 Like

That’s probably right. Too early.

I don’t really trust pfizer. Just a Leroy Jethro Gibbs gut feeling there.

It’s encouraging…However I have to say it is also what I expected. A couple of things to remember. THere are Doctors and nurses being studied right now and have been for quite some time. They are Doctors and Nurses who have had COVID and now get their antibodies tested almost weekly, and they, especially those who work with COVID frequently, have a consistently high number of antibodies to COVID 19 at any given time. Conclusion? is that they get repeatedly exposed, and their immune systems create new antibodies to combat this new exposure.

There is no reason that once we have the vaccine in us that the antibodies won’t do the same thing…

The data is just coming out.

From what Fauci was saying this morning once J&J gets their green light they can manufacture 100 million doses very quickly. But that green light is a month away.