https://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.t07.htm

1 Like

jobs down… but inflation is up up up!

2 Likes

democrats quick - bring up the DOW!

1 Like

Alright.
Regardless of foreign-born or US-born

The US lost 625,000 full-time jobs last month.

1 Like

And how many did it gain?

Love these threads.

2 Likes

I don’t know
BLS reported only the bottom line net loss of over a half million full-time jobs.

You are free to explore the data yourself.
I don’t know for sure who or what caused this.
I certainly don’t blame Joe Biden for it (much.)

But I do think is is bad for anyone, including the president, to call this a good jobs report and/or advocate policy based on falsely portraying the economy as strong.

Note also that the loss in full-time jobs was not a one-off anomaly.
(High point was 11 months ago. The trend has been steadily and unmistakably downward since then.)

Look, if you (or Joe Biden) want to advocate more welfare spending because the full-time jobs picture is tanking, then I could say “We have an honest disagreement.”

Right now he’s not even being honest.

Is there a difference between indicators and symptoms?

Meaning all are the threads that you start with regards to different economic events - are they showing a bad economy? Can they occur if the economy is strong?

It is entirely possible and even likely that the economy is a facade and that the numbers are for the most part pablum but the question that has to be asked is whether the events that we believe are painting a dire picture occur when the economy is strong or ok.

Did they occur between 2012-2019

1 Like

The economy is not strong.

The economy can be likened to unemployed persons in a breadline, someplace where the factories and farms etc. are in very bad shape eating charity food from food trucks.

Then along comes a politician who says “Look they are eating a lot of food that means the economy, the factories and the farms are all good!”

HAHAHA I swear to god I thought the title of this thread meant we lost jobs last month for the first time in Biden’s Presidency.

I went and checked and every headline said the same thing…

We added over 270k jobs in May!

Good News!!!(???)!!!

3 Likes

Repeat after me: “Full-time”

Well Okie. Starting with a conclusion and then finding things to support that conclusion isn’t any kind of good analysis. But Okie thanks.

Wasn’t what I did.
What I did was start with a hypothesis.
Then I determined how to test it.
Then observed that the tests tend to support the hypothesis.

Number of FT jobs down.
Number of Americans employed down.
Consumption up co-relevant with savings depletion and debt increase, not with underlying employment, wages, production etc.

Sorry can you link this table plz. I can’t find it and the bls a6 table titl is different from theone you are showing . I am probably lost lol.

1 Like

The hypothesis was what? Hypothesis and conclusion can be synonymous.

Preconceived notions

This country was severely in debt pre stimmies. Compare and contrast?

LINK:
https://www.bls.gov/web/empsit/cpseea06.htm

Thank you! i see so its based on part time work. gotcha

Apparently the M-o-M job growth is in part time jobs.
Which make sense because the summer part-time season is beginning.

Numbers are seasonally adjusted so today’s report does indicate employers in travel leisure restaurants etc. are hiring a lot of part time workers (more than the normal seasonal adjustment,) but yes the jobs are part time jobs.

1 Like

I am trying to find historical data for this table and i am having the hardest time smh

The internet needs to be better :joy: