June 1-2, 2020 - President Trump and AG Barr IG - Report out on Lafayette Park was cleared for fence install

no, the ig’s job is to investigate and report his findings. it is not his job to lie, obfiscate or cover up anything, which is what you are accusing him of.

and yes, we do pay him.

Kinda sounds like the Jan 6th incident doesn’t it?

Should have buzzed the rabble with a few whirlybirds as well.

When will all of those scumbags be locked up??

Yeah, the mayor of D.C. declined to help both times. She’s as corrupt as they come.

Someone promised her she’d be governor of D.C. or something.

This was discussed in another thread. People should read the actual report and see who the IG did and did not investigate and what was “cleared.”

Hint: The Park Police were the ones being investigated.

Right. 100% we pay them.

I believe the IG as well. You can’t blame people for being suspicious of the timing, but it is what it is.

1 Like

The report also states that while they found "no evidence that the USPP and the law enforcement entities operating under the unified command deployed [CS gas] (Tear gas: What it is, its effects, and what to do if you’ve been exposed - CNN)" to clear the park and H Street on June 1, the inspector general’s office “determined, and the MPD confirmed, that the MPD used CS gas on 17th Street on June 1.” The report notes that DC’s Metropolitan Police Department was not part of the Park Police and Secret Service’s unified command structure.

Emphasis mine.

Here is the excerpt:

“The evidence we obtained did not support a finding that the [U.S. Park Police] cleared the park to allow the president to survey the damage and walk to St. John’s Church,” the report says.

Rather, the report says that police cleared the area so that a contractor could install antiscale fencing “in response to destruction of property and injury to officers occurring” in the previous days. The USPP wasn’t aware of Trump’s movement until “mid-to-late” afternoon that day, after it had already started to develop its operational plan, according to the report.

Emphasis mine.

Liked.

They still cling to their Russia delusion. This won’t change anything.

I saw that in the other thread. That’s fine. I didn’t take this as an investigation as to whether or not CS gas was used.

From the report:

At the request of then Secretary of the U.S. Department of the Interior David Bernhardt and Members of Congress, we reviewed the actions the U.S. Park Police (USPP) took to disperse protesters in and around Lafayette Park in Washington, DC, on June 1, 2020.

There’s more to the event than simply if CS gas was used by the Park Police. Events outside the actions of the Park Police were not investigated.

Do you know what “Unified Command” means?

Which was exactly the point of the left lying about this & so many other things.

Sure. The use of CS gas by the MPD or those who were under the unified command is not the only question arising from the events of that night. Other control measures were used by those under the unified command. Were those measures acceptable in context? That question was only investigated for the Parks Police.

That’s a very naive view of how OIGs function.

They’re not independent. They don’t work for Truth and Justice, they work for the people they “investigate.”

Did you even read your link.

They sped up the removal for trump.

“However, the inspector general found that Attorney General William Barr urged officials to speed up the clearing of the area once Trump had set his plans to walk through, according to NBC News. Barr, the IG found, asked the USPP operations commander, “Are these people still going to be here when POTUS comes out?” The commander reportedly responded, “Are you freaking kidding me?””

Allan

1 Like

What does that response imply?

Kidding about what?

Sounds more like an affirmative.

Another liberal narrative goes thud.

Trump didn’t collude with Russians…he didn’t ignore bounties on our troops…Kavanaugh’s not a teen rapist…the Covington Catholic kids didn’t do anything wrong…yes it does appear the virus started in a lab…no the southern border isn’t closed or secure…no Trump didn’t clear out the park with teargas for photo op…

I wonder which smartest guy on the room class tall tale will be shown to have been complete crap next.

Correct. He only sped it up for his photo op.

The facts are crystal clear.

Allan