Judge's sweeping order strikes down all Alabama anti-abortion laws

A federal judge has blocked a controversial Alabama abortion bill scheduled to go in effect next month that would block almost all abortions, calling it a “ban” that “contravenes clear Supreme Court precedent,” reports CNN. US District Judge Myron Thompson issued the preliminary injunction Tuesday barring the Human Life Protection Act from taking effect until a court resolves the issue in full, but the ruling also means all of the state laws passed this year restricting early-stage abortion are now blocked from going into effect.

The American Civil Liberties Union, ACLU of Alabama and Planned Parenthood Federation filed the lawsuit against the law and cheered the ruling.

Quick! Now’s your chance to kill your unborn child! :rofl:

2 Likes

Good. Ridiculous restrictions.

Judiciary rules.

Or not, something you guys ignore.

You do realize that this is intended as a vehicle for overturning Roe v Wade and that this District Court Judgement and the likely judgement affirming the District Court at the 11th Circuit are really irrelevant.

2 Likes

I do like him invoking the right to keep and bear arms in comparison to the right to choose an abortion. :smile:

I would be deliriously happy if the left and the right reached the following agreement:

The left keeps its ******* hands off of guns and the right keeps its ******* hands off of uteruses.

5 Likes

Of course.

I kind of like the Missouri approach…

https://www.kansascity.com/news/politics-government/article236773058.html

60 million babies aborted since Roe v Wade, something you guys ignore.

1 Like

Most abortions are performed during the first trimester. Anyway, I don’t completely agree with Roe v. Wade since I be that states should be able to ban abortions after the first trimester. And I disagree with most of the Democrats running for President that the Hyde Amendment should be repealed. The Hyde Amendment should stay in place.

1 Like

The obvious problem is that abortion is murder. That cannot and should not be ignored.

Quick murder them while you can. :roll_eyes:

Well progressive liberals have pushed abortion to the limits of humanity so maybe it’s time to overturn Roe v Wade.

The least they could do while celebrating the right to murder children would be to eat some salad and drink some wine. lol

Except we don’t.

Except its not.

Your weak generalization omits the fact that many are done to save some the mother’s life or for other valid medical reasons. That is not murder. Shooting people with an assault rifle is murder.

1 Like

How long should a mother who gets an abortion spend in jail for murder?

Just wondering if you have a link to the court string down every alabama abortion law?

Or was it just thig one law and your thread title is wrong.