Judge's sweeping order strikes down all Alabama anti-abortion laws

Murder means killing “unlawfully”. So until you get the law changed (and you won’t) abortion will never be “murder”.

“Many”.

( spit )

The number is minuscule as a proportion of all abortions.

Using the tragic cases to justify the remaining vast majority is using them as human shields.

It’s a sick business.

1 Like

With more and more judges being appointed by Trump, the pool for lib activists to judge-shop is drying up.

Still a long way to go though.

When you have nothing else, nitpick, huh? The thread title is correct. Here’s the official summary of law 189 (from this link) that was just enjoined. Tell me if you see a loophole for your side.

Act 2019-189, HB314, is the Alabama Human Life Protection Act. The act: (1) prohibits a
person from intentionally performing an abortion and makes a violation a Class A felony; (2)
prohibits a person from attempting to perform an abortion and makes a violation a Class C
felony; (3) provides an exception to the restrictions on abortion when an abortion is necessary in
order to prevent a serious health risk to the unborn child’s mother; and (4) specifies that a
woman who receives an abortion in violation of the act may not be held criminally or civilly
liable for the violation.

Also see page 2 of the restraining order.

So the one law is ALL the abortion laws in the state? Or are therre other laws on the books the order doesn’t effect?

I’m just making sure your title is correct.

Show me the loophole you find in that summary and in the restraining order. Be very specific.

enjoned and refrain from enforcing alabama act no 2019-189

give immediate notice to state and local officials about the not enforcing this ONE law.
Shal remain in effect until the court resolves in full.

Again it’s effects ONE law . . . NOT all alabama laws regarding abortion.

Now if you have something different, go ahead an quote it or admint your title is misleading.

I stand by what I wrote. That order affects all laws. The language is plain and simple. Anyone can see that. You cannot say it doesn’t.

1 Like

What other laws does this “hold” effect. The order only list ONE law.

More of a whiskey guy myself :wink: