Judge says Mueller's team is 'lying,' and trying to target Trump

patience. we’ll all know in a year or so.

How exactly did Comey give her “what amounts” to blanket immunity?

Although I find Trump reprehensible and wholly unfit to be President of the United States, I regret that when a judges admonishes special counsel in such a way, it isn’t the top story on CNN. It is buried. Not good for my news outlet of choice.

1 Like

There wouldn’t be any Manefort crimes if Mueller liked Trump.

1 Like

As I understand it

:rofl: :joy:

You’re a daisy.

1 Like

So far, all the glue is still intact in this thread. I wanted to come up with something as unhinged as the Soros stuff with Judge Kimba Wood, but I’m not that clever.

law and order baby!!!

Not what is being reported. Sounds like he is calling the mueller team and rosenstein liars.

Mueller can hand it over to other prosecutors. Crime is crime is crime.

“Ellis asked why a run-of-the-mill bank fraud case with no “reference to any Russian individual or Russian bank” could not be handed over to the U.S. Attorney’s Office in the Eastern District of Virginia.”

took me 2 minutes. understand what i’m saying now cowboy?

Its not really an admonishment though.

Judge seems to be having a good time, actually.

He’s talking about Federal Prosecutors in Virginia, not state of Virginia prosecutors. It would still be federal charges of conspiring with a goal to tax fraud, so it wouldn’t make any difference as to a pardon…which I cannot see Trump granting in any case.

Meh, Activist judge.
Mueller is following DOJ guidence.

Before she went to talk with Comey, he gave her written immunity on her testimony, he also gave her an exoneration, ( not sure how that works, but from what little i heard on it it is no less than a Presidential pardon in effect ), on past deceptions concerning the things she was to talk about with Comey. Ever wonder why no one bothered to bring her up on charges of perjury before Congress from her Congressional testimony?

No one ever brings people up on charges of perjury before Congress. Well, almost no one. I think a few guys might have been prosecuted during Iran Contra but that was just charges on top of other charges.

You’re nearly 100% incorrect. Comey didn’t give her anything before her interview, immunity or otherwise. You’re reading some bad information.

Pretty much why the Judge demanded to see the unredacted scope memo. He may suspect that Mueller is stepping way outside the scope of his mandate, or, that the assistant of the DOJ may have granted Mueller frighteningly far too much power and authority.

The full force of the law used to investigate Hillary should be applied here too.

The case Manafort is being indicted by Mueller for, is one that the DoJ already investigated him in 2014. If Manafort was to be indicted they would have done it years ago.

Mueller clearly raided Manafort’s home in July 2016, about two weeks before the DAG gave him authorization, in his August addendum. None of Manafort’s charges involve collusion.

That is what I suspect. The original authorization memo for the Special Counsel was in May. Mueller raided Manafort’s home July 26th. Two weeks later, the DAG writes an addendum to authorize going after Manafort, which was clearly after the fact.