Judge says Mueller's team is 'lying,' and trying to target Trump

“You don’t really care about Mr. Manafort,” U.S. District Judge T.S. Ellis III told Mueller’s team. “You really care about what information Mr. Manafort can give you to lead you to Mr. Trump and an impeachment, or whatever.”

Further, Ellis demanded to see the unredacted “scope memo,” a document outlining the scope of the special counsel’s Russia probe that congressional Republicans have also sought.

The judge also gave the government two weeks to hand over the unredacted “scope memo” or provide an explanation why not – after prosecutors were reluctant to do so, claiming it has material that doesn’t pertain to Manafort.

“I’ll be the judge of that,” Ellis said.

So this Judge is throwing a wrinkle into the Investigation.

I think this is the Best Line from the Judge and I agree with it.

“We don’t want anyone with unfettered power,” he said.

Not sure if the Judge is a Fan of Trump or not.
So let the slings and arrows fire away in here on him.

1 Like

this judge asked why this case could not be handed over to the U.S. Attorney’s Office in the Eastern District of Virginia.

activist judges anyone. :sunglasses:

Witch hunt by swamp creatures… We all know it.

he’ll just hand it off to the prosecutors in VA.

I guess we should just ignore Manafort’s crimes because Mueller doesn’t like Trump.

I hope the judge has a protective services detail. The libs will come unglued.

Move along. The swamp may get drained. We will try to get you a safe space therapy room. :slight_smile:

Drain the swamp

:eyes:

10 char

I heard someone commenting on this and noting that this judge has a tendency to be hardest on the side he ends up ruling in favor of, will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Also, do you think Mueller’s prosecutors will start ranting about how this “Reagan” judge is biased and crooked?

Total tweetstorm from Mueller is imminent.

1 Like

Finally…some sanity in this crazy world.

I’m pretty sure he’s a reverse Mexican from Iowa, no wonder he has a pro-Donald bias.

Impossible with Trump digging it deeper and bringing in new swamp creatures all the time.

Manafort will just be tried (for his potential crimes) in Virginia if the judge rules in his favor.

No pardon?

I don’t think this means what Trump’s fanboys think it does.

Worse case scenario is case will go back to Eastern District of VA. But, in the end, I think it’ll stay with Mueller.

1 Like

I’m assuming you replied to the wrong comment here.

“How can you drain the swamp if you’re the one that keeps muddying the water? Your base probably might not care, but you should. I guess you’re too busy draining the swamp to ever stop and smell the stink you’re creating. That’s your doing. That’s your stink. Mr. President, that’s your swamp.” Neil Cavuto

1 Like

That judge just stated what we all know. It’s the dems dream that they can force Manafort to “sing”.

Because all Manaforts “crimes” were already looked into … Why didn’t they prosecute then?

We don’t want unfettered power. It’s unAmerican… more like Cuba etc…