Judge blocks DOD funds for border wall

Well, considering almost half of United States District Court Judges are Obama-appointed, by virtue of the simple fact that he was the preceding President who had two terms, then it’s actually just a matter of probability.

If I call heads before flipping a coin, and it turns out to be heads, it doesn’t exactly make me Nostradamus, now does it?

Yeah like when Anthony Kennedy ruled for same sex marriage.

Allan

The plaintiffs are the Southern Border Communities Coalition and the Sierra Club are both based in the district of the judge. Are you suggesting plaintiffs should sue in the district of the defendant?

I am suggesting that the suit should be filed in the district where the “offense” occurs and the impact happens.

If those two organizations were based in NYC, should the judge for the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York hear the case?

I think jurisdiction should be a bit better limited.

So if he agrees with trump its above board? If he rules against him its strictly partisanship? Why have court at all?

I’m beginning to see a pattern here.

2 Likes

But every Obama appointed judge does rule to benefit Democrats, right?

I could tell you a story about a case.

My brother (who lives in California) was sued by a Texas company for patent infringement. The company went for some home cooking in San Antonio. My brother won his case in front of 12 Texans on the jury. Won the appeal too. The company appealed to SCOTUS and was denied and that was that.

People always go for home cooking, if you have a good case, people will listen no matter where it is at.

Allan

Wait- DOD funds? I was promised that Mexico was paying for the wall.

Yeah, but I’m detecting a pattern.

Thanks for sharing Allan.

Judge shopping for politics is real.

But if the case is solid it won’t matter.

Allan

That’s incorrect Allan, or it wouldn’t happen.

.^

Republican (Bush) appointed Judge ruled against Trump regarding DACA.

Republican (Trump) appointed Judge ruled against Trump regarding press badge revocation.

Republican (Trump) appointed Judge ruled against Trump regarding legitimacy of Mueller investigation.

Republican (Bush) appointed Judge ruled against Trump regarding border family separation.

Republican (Trump) appointed Justice ruled against Trump regarding deportation.

https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/383512-supreme-court-invalidates-law-requiring-the-deportation-of
.^^^^

5 Likes

Any cases of dem judges ruling against Obama?

.^

I see a pattern about Judges (appointed by DEM’s and GOP) are ruling against Trump because he doesn’t understand the law. One has to assume, since he hires only the best people, that he is ignoring legal advice.
.^^^^

1 Like

Yeah, that’s the other thing in play here. Voters were promised during the campaign that Mexico would be paying for the wall. Now Trump is trying everything he can do to stick US taxpayers with the bill.

In the grand scheme of things (appeals, SCOTUS etc) it really doesn’t.

Allan

Yes, it really does. Not every case goes to SCOTUS, not even most of them.

Most of trump actions that are questioned in federal courts will get at least to appeals court.

Then judge shopping means nothing.

Allan