Judge blocks DOD funds for border wall

Yep…could be? How about that judge from Hawaii? Is that what he was doing? Maybe not, when it gets overturned by SCOTUS? This too, may or may not be overturned. The question I have is, how many times should a decision be overturned by appellate courts before a judge should be deemed unfit for the bench?

1 Like

Why would having differing opinions of interpretation of law make judges unfit? Hell, not even the members of the Supreme Court agree with how the law should be applied to specific situations in many cases. That doesn’t make any of them unfit. That means they have differing opinions.

1 Like

There’s nothing wrong with a judge having a different opinion unless…there’s a pattern of being overturned and the case was of a political nature?

If a R appointed judge reverses this, will you kvetch with the same gusto that you are now about an Obama judge playing politics?

Prove politics guided the judge’s finding.

I tend to think they are. Why is it every time a judge rules in a way not in line with Trumps thinking it must be because he is an Obama appointee? Its just pandering to the cult of victimhood that Trump perpetuates and his followers buy into.

I have been consistent during 2 previous administrations that I don’t always agree with the way a judge of the SC rules but thats our system and you will not find one post from me ever accusing judges of playing politics or legislating from the bench.

2 Likes

That’s your choice. If I see a pattern, I’ll examine it further.

Smyrno, how often do you think judges are overturned percentage wise? Are you one of those people who have been taught to believe that the 9th circuit is overturned the most(not true) and that its overturned most of the time? Hint 99.8 percent arent even reviewed. And their reversal rate is better than average for all appelate courts.

You’re delving into something I really don’t spend much time examining. I’m just noticing a pattern since Trump has been elected and our country has become so polarized. Judges “appear” to be more inclined to attempt to legislate from their bench in regards to Trump decisions and those who I suspect are doing so, are Obama appointees. Your post stating that almost half of the judges are Obama appointees is a good point though.

The more relevant question is why these district judges are ruling on federal policy issues at all? And the follow-up question is why every legal thing Trump does is blocked by a radical LW judge? That one I can answer. Because they are political hacks disguised as a judge.

1 Like

Clearly you’re basing this on the truthiness of what happens in the court. As you see it from blurbs. At least you’re honest about not knowing too much about this. Maybe learn more before jumping to conclusions.

Edit:. That reads pretty ■■■■■■■■■ My bad.

2 Likes

I haven’t concluded anything…except I believe I’m beginning to see a pattern here. This makes me examine it more closely. You made a good point that I’ll factor into what i’m observing, going forward. Regardless…if half are Obama appointees and the other half isn’t…then half the time, it should not be an Obama appointee. Now…let’s both watch.

When you get some time to examine how often the 9th circuit is overturned, let us know.

Who are you to judge? Why are they hacks?

I cannot answer the first question - I will not pretend that I am some sort of legal expert. As to your follow-up question can you provide some proof that they are radical left wing judges. Just because you label them that way and perhaps Trump might label that way does not make it so.

I really dont see any evidence of a pattern of radical left wing or right wing judges. Yes judges might interpret the law differently but thats the system we have in place. Overall it works.

The only pattern you are seeing is Trump’s idiotic decisions as President are being blocked.

I suspect that is because you support Trumps agenda (nothing wrong with that, each to their own and all that) but let us know your findings of a pattern. I look forward to reading the data.

I can’t wait till we can declare Trump appointed judges partisan…

Did you read the ruling? What legal conclusion do you disagree with?

Trump has been blocked by plenty of federal judges that republicans have appointed. He has even been blocked by judge HE appointed.

3 Likes

He seems like a young (relatively) and well qualified judge. I like that at least he is from a border state with a huge immigration problem.

He sits in Oakland, I believe. I could be wrong, but I don’t think there is any current wall construction in his district? If not, once again we have a judge making a ruling outside his district, I believe this one impacts Texas, Arizona and maybe New Mexico?

I agree with his ruling, but I think he is out of his lane. This happens a lot, this “judge shopping”, and both sides do it.

I believe @safiel might have mentioned something about it in the past. Might be something to look at overall.

1 Like