John McCain Will No Longer Be Treated for Brain Cancer, Family Says

Always a good reminder that behind the politics, are people. Behind the government, are Americans, just like everyone else.

1 Like

Fair winds and Godspeed to a peaceful end Senator.

This is very sad, but not unexpected news. He’s got a good and devoted family whom I’m sure are all at his side.

He will always be remembered for his courage and the sacrifice he made for his country.

1 Like

This is a very lovely tribute to the Senator.

2 Likes

A good moment for Biden. Thanks for posting it.

Great post dude.

1 Like

Soldier. POW. Senator. John McCain, you leave behind a legacy of service to your nation that we could only hope to emulate. As you face this final battle, go with honor knowing that you have the respect of many of your countrymen. Thank you for your service to this nation, and know that you have inspired many of us to try to leave this nation better than when we found it.

2 Likes

There was no need to do that in this thread.

And I’ll add that that’s not « all you did »

You came into a thread about a dying man who chose to end treatment and implied at least that he is not honorable. Read you out words and then maybe honorably retract. Just the opinion of an honored guest of course .

I’m not a fan a McCains, and disagree with a lot of his politics.

That being said: I don’t wish him ill or pain. He served as he thought best honorably for most of his life, and that is to be commended. I hope he finds comfort in the remainder of his time with his family.

this is also great. An included gem:

We were flying in a small plane that hit some turbulence, and I was showing some white knuckles. Now most people know about your POW experience, but they don’t know that you ditched other planes. And in one horrific experience, you were in your plane on the deck of the USS Forrestal when a missile went off accidentally from another plane and hit yours. Your plane exploded and you jumped off the wing onto the deck. The fire engulfed the ship, and 134 people were killed. And yet, even though it was your plane that was directly hit, you somehow survived.

So, when I looked pale in the turbulence, you turned to me and said: “McKinnon, don’t worry about it. If you’re flying with McCain, you’re not going to die in a plane.”

I left the real tear-jerker to find in the article itself.

1 Like