John McCain Will No Longer Be Treated for Brain Cancer, Family Says

Hopefully, the life of McCain will inspire a new period of partisan discussions. I’m not hopeful, though.

They should create a foundation for bipartisan dialogue and cooperation in McCain’s name. I’m not kidding, it would be beneficial in this day and age.

1 Like

Sad news indeed. He is truly a great American.

How can you not be disgusted with the treatment Trump has given him?

1 Like

That’s so sad. I didn’t often agree with him, but I always found him likable and honorable.

McCain is truly a Great American!!!

2 Likes

Not only that, but so have his fans. See the comments section of the Fox News site.

God bless you Senator McCain.

Mcain is a great man. My father died from a brain tumor (they never said if it was cancerous) and was a “guinea pig” in the advancement of brain surgery.

But this is where I get myself in trouble. I’ll address the elephant in the room. He hasn’t been able to perform his duties as a senator in over 7 month. He will not be able to perform his duties further. The honorable thing to have done, would be to end the letter with his resignation immediately.

1 Like

Could you possibly take the time to start a separate thread about that. Most people are keeping politics out of this thread out of respect for a dying man.

It’s a letter from the office of Senator John Mccain posted in the thread. The only thing I’ve said, if he did the honorable thing, the last paragraph would have been his resignation to concentrate on his health. He know’s he won’t be back in the Senate.

He was as tough as they come.

. I’m curious what Trump will do when the inevitable happens. I hope he shows a bit of humanity.

I wrote a post that was a bit political, but I’ve deleted it. Yeah, I think this thread should be apolitical as much as possible. Apologies.

Deleted mine, as well.

Thanks, Demon.

Tried to clean up my earlier one as well

1 Like

This is sad news. Prayers to the family and hopes they are at peace during the days they have left together.

And I pray that Trump will now have the decency to stop needlessly attacking him at his rallies to the ghoulish cheers of his supporters.

Deleted mine as well. McCain deserves better.

have a friday cry: