John McCain, War Hero, Senator, Presidential Contender, Dies at 81

Yes she is and I can not imagine the pain of out living your children.

RIP. I liked Senator McCain. Cheers, see you on the flip flop.

So not everyone was a fan? got a link m

I didn’t realize his mother was still alive. I can’t imagine what she will be going through in the coming days.

Did not agree with his politics at times but always respected the man. No bone spurs here. Was a POW and wouldn’t sell out to save himself.

RIP JOHN MCCAIN. Condolences for his family. :frowning:

RIP, Senator McCain.

RIP Senator McCain.

The last major party candidate I voted for for President, and maybe the last one I ever will vote for.

3 Likes

Rest in peace, Senator. Although I may not have agreed with some of your political positions, it is unquestionable that you are a brave soul, and you’ve been through so much. You are an admirable man. Now it’s time to go home. My heart goes out to his family. <3

1 Like

May he truly Rest In Peace. And may his family always remember fondly the man that he was.

I hope this doesn’t sound insensitive or heartless, but it’s possible she could handle it quite well. The reason I say that is because a her age she won’t have a long time without him.

I have heard of two women who lost family members (one a granddaugher) and they handled it better than anyone expected. They were people my mom knew but I didn’t personally. Only thing I can think of is they know they are near the end of their years.

RIP Senator. Thank you for you service which spanned over many, many years.

If I could change one thing…

No parent should ever have to bury a child.

Statement from Bill and HIllary Clinton.

She’s only 64.

Yes, I guess that is true. Everyone handles grief in different ways. What came to my mind was my grandmother, who lost a son when she had just received a diagnosis of lung cancer a couple of months prior. She didn’t last long after that. She made the comment several times during the day of the funeral that it was the hardest thing she had ever had to do.

Sad, isn’t it?

RIP Senator McCain, American hero.

I was talking about John McCain’s mother, not Cindy.

My bad.