John Kasich considering 2020 presidential bid

Two Ohioans, John Kasich and Sherrod Brown, are both considering presidential bids in 2020 per the article below. I genuinely hope Kasich runs. Let’s face it, the Republican Party has a huge image problem with Trump at the helm. If they are going to turn their image problem around, I think Kasich would be a good move. I didn’t vote for him in 2016, but I could very well see myself voting for him in 2020 if he challenges Trump.

3 Likes

Didn’t Kasich already try against Trump and lose? Maybe he should consider party unity.

I’d vote for Kasich

3 Likes

I would have voted for Kasich over Clinton.

We will see what 2020 holds.

2 Likes

What is left of the Republican Party may be unified, but there are people like myself who are now former Republicans due to the changes in the party in the Trump era. And, speaking for myself, I can say I definitely won’t be back until there are some major changes back towards statesmanship and a much more disciplined fiscal approach.

1 Like

I disagree with you, but that was very well said.

Would be interesting to see if he could beat Donald in a GOP primary this time, but I doubt it. This is Trump’s party now.

1 Like

Me too…

All (not) joking aside, I voted for Kasich in my primary.

In Alabama.

Not sure if I was joined by 3 other people but I felt good about my vote.

We would be so much better off as a nation with Kasich at the helm (imo). He has his faults, but he would be a return to statesmanship (again, imo).

I was shocked at the absolutely fawning coverage of GHWB on the “liberal” networks until I realized it is because Trump is the supreme ass hat. 41 was not perfect, but he was someone who you could admire.

There is absolutely nothing to admire in our current president, unless you are a criminal.

2 Likes

I disagree.

I think people are tiring of Trump’s childish and endless antics. It’s not supposed to be like this.

I would have voted for Kasich over Hillary in a New York minute.

Great thread. Thanks!

1 Like

What makes you think this?

He is still popular among the (ever shrinking) GOP.

Have Trumpists tired of Trump’s antics? Are they still a major force in the GOP/Trumplican party?

Then there’s this:

Is anyone in your state pushing back against this?

Seems the same is happening in MI.

Wisconsin 2018 midterm.

My fevered imagination.

My gut, which is better than most people’s brains.

My trust in humanity.

I believe Trump’s antics are growing tiresome.

No one wants our kids seeing his vulgarity and shenanigans.

1 Like

Tons of people speaking at the whole one day of public comments. Protests. Email campaigns.

Once the November elections are held, there should be no hastily arranged special sessions, except in the case of emergency. That needs to be next. Ridiculous.

I support his policies, not the man.

What, because Clinton provided a good example to our children?

God used Noah and he was a drunk.

Liberalism has to be stopped at all costs.

(Figured I’d save the resident Trumpists the trouble of responding)

You and three other people. It would take someone more popular than Kasich to take out Trump, and I can’t think of another republican atm who could do it. Maybe Rubio? Doubtful but he would go further than Kasich.

Strange times when an anti abortion extremist like John Kasich seems like a steady mainstream choice over a sitting President.

Kasich has orthodox GOP positions but he’s a little too “womb boogers Uber alles” for serious consideration in a national race.

2 Likes

you better sit down for this.

are you sitting?
Sure your ready for this?
Kasich is who I voted for in the Utah Preferencial poll (aka Utah primary)
You didn’t hurt yourself when you passed out did you?

You mean the same jackass that wouldn’t go to republican convention in his own state back 2016?

Repugs have every right to tell his to go…

1 Like