Joe Rogan vs Neil Young

Young said Spotify Technology SA SPOT, -4.92% can have “Rogan or Young. Not both.”

Sounds like an ultimatum to me.

1 Like

Yeah, he doesn’t want his music associated with Rogan.

By saying pick me or Rogan.

Thus the thread.

So pick one.

I picked Young to cave. If he meant it he would have broke his contract before running his yap.

3 Likes

He’s Neil Young.

He would have just pulled his toys then.

Isn’t that what he’s doing… assuming his toys are his songs and not a reference to power tools?

There isn’t room in the sandbox for both.

I take it you are backing Young.

2 Likes

Neil Young doesn’t have a contract with Spotify to break.

What are you talking about?

Man, I thought ya all were stretching the definition of “authoritarian” when you accused politicians of it… but now it applies to an artist who doesn’t want his music on a service. Now anyone who has ever issued an ultimatum is an authoritarian.

1 Like

I back an artist’s claim to their content and where its distributed. If Rogan didn’t want his podcast on Spotify because Young was on there, I’d back him too.

I don’t think Mr Young is going to win this one.

Yeah I would call him an authoritarian when his complaint matches the government propaganda.

Something his free spirit used to condemn.

He is 21 and it’s time to leave sugar mountain.

2 Likes

Such prima Donna ego flashing.

This is fun.

I don’t see how he could lose unless he gets ■■■■■■ over by his label… which knowing record labels is possible… but I assume he’s such a veteran that he still has ownership of his catalog.

The government isn’t demanding Spotify stop streaming their art.

You don’t think Rogan, were he not locked in a contract, should be able to pull his content from a media streaming service?

He’s not trying to win anything.

The letter to his management didn’t make any demands other than to remove his music Spotify.

You say that like it’s a bad thing.

2 Likes

I bet Crosby Stills and Nash could share some fun stories.

1 Like

Ah ha, now I understand all the Neil Young hate.

1 Like

That was a crazy assertion.

Don’t you get it? We don’t give a ■■■■ what Neil Young does.

4 Likes

Is that why you posting about it here? To tell us all how much you don’t give a ■■■■■ :wink:

It’s a good thing.