Joe Rogan vs Neil Young

What brings in more Spotify subscribers, Young or Rogan ? Guessing most people with Spotify app don’t have any idea who Neil Young is.

5 Likes

It’s amazing to see the left completely selling out for Big Pharma.

2 Likes

Rogan will win. It’s not even close.

1 Like

Funny when we have a thread clutching pearls over the lost of ineffective mAbs… created by… big pharma

3 Likes

If Spotify were to dump JR, he’d instantly be on another platform and that would become the next big thing in podcast hosting.

2 Likes

While I agree with you in a general sense, the details are a little more confused.

First of all, I don’t think that Neil is trying to “de-platform” Rogan. He just doesn’t want his music on the same platform - I’m sure he’s perfectly content for Rogan to remain, and his music to go.

This isn’t even the first time he’s pulled all his music off Spotify (last time it was about sound quality).

Also, the whole thing about podcasting is that you don’t need a platform. Rogan’s deal with Spotify didn’t gain him any new listeners, just a big pile of money.

1 Like

I would assume he has a contract, it would cost spotify a mint to cancel him, they would likely have to finish paying his contract.

1 Like

How’s that ? If I just do a podcast out of my living room, who’s going to hear it unless it’s on ITunes, Audacy or Spotify ?

Also, I think it may have gotten him new listeners. i.e. regular Spotify users who may not have been that familiar with Rogan before he appeared on there and decided to listen.

Excepting podcasts owned or exclusively licensed by a platform - like Rogan, or Talib Kweli’s People’s Party (just random examples) - podcasts are delivered by RSS feed to pretty much any podcast platform.

For example, I can listen to Behind the Bastards (high personal recommendation) on Spotify - or iTunes, or Stitcher, or PodcastAddict, or Audacy, or any number of other apps. If I started a podcast tomorrow, I could have it available on iTunes and every other platform in a few hours, for barely any initial investment.

Well, no. If anything, he’s probably lost listeners.

Prior to his deal, people could still listen to him on Spotify - and every other platform, including YouTube. Now it’s only available on Spotify.

Ah gotcha. I’m just not a podcast guy at all, so I didn’t even know he was already on Spotify. I’ve only ever listened to him on YouTube.

Ah, well. I am a dedicated podcast listener, and have been since 2006, back when there like four of them.

I even listened to Rogan for a while, back when his guests were all comedians or MMA fighters.

Set that to some sad riffs and you have a Neil Young ballad.

what clout?

He would have just pulled his toys then.

What are you babbling about?

I am mocking Neil Young for boxing out of his weight class.

The petty authoritarian bit off too much.

1 Like

With Jimmy Buffet

2 Likes

This notes for Pfizer…

Pour him something tall and strong. lol

2 Likes

Close…not quite.

Neil wants Rogan censored.

No, I don’t think so. He simply doesn’t want his music associated with the likes of Rogan.

there’s no end to what’s wrong with that post youre referencing

Rogan is not a hard rightie nut. That makes it hard for the knee-jerk narrative left to deal with him. like 60’s stoner rocker clueless leftist ass Young who wants him silenced

in response the lefty soldiers stomp out the usual attacks on the dreaded evil “right”

1 Like