Joe Biden Is Planning To Ban fossil-fuel subsidies Replace it With Wind and solar subsidies!

I’d also like to add that in the past several years there have been less rolling blackouts than is historically normal for California. They use to be commonplace, not so much anymore

• Besides the utility enforced blackouts when they can’t guarantee that their infrastructure won’t burn the state down
1 Like

For now. These rolling blackouts will be your new normal if you push out gas and oil.

Source

Didn’t Enron engineer some rolling blackouts for profit?

You know, on second thought, let’s stick with coal. This newfangled stuff could take time to perfect.

https://api.nationalgeographic.com/distribution/public/amp/science/2020/08/why-renewables-arent-reason-california-blackouts

1 Like

Not exactly. I have being reading a energy solar blog from users who live in California a lot of people who live in the state they had said their electricity on their bill has risen.

This sure sounds nice and epic on paper not in reality.

Ah yes nationalgeographic they are biggest supporters of such things so not surpise they would make a article defending renewable energy not surprise as soon i saw the name from your article you posted. They are the biggest cheerleaders and supporters. Even as for Carbon tax to.

nationalgeographic has gone quite politically over the past few years and mostly far left.

Yeah, those were also the last blackouts where I personally lost power. My sister has had her’s turned off during several times but only during strong Santa Ana events because it’s in the country and considered high fire danger if a power line came down

The earth climate has being changing for decades and this is not because of Humans. You honestly think banning gas and oil is going to improve environmentally things over past few decades in the future? why have the democrats been quiet on China’s dumping of garbage in the ocean if they care so about environment?

Again democrats are smart by making China energy dominated.While making America weaker. If China, India,Russia wont change their ways any time soon. Why should millions of people and families lose their jobs over these unreliable energy alternatives?

Whats next get rid of coal and oil based vehicles to then and replace them with what? electric cars? :roll_eyes:

I don’t have to read anything. I live here, have solar and know for a fact that my yearly energy rebate not only sounds nice but spends even better. If some.people installed too small of systems then that’s on them. Go with your past year’s consumption rate and add 20-30%, easy peasy.

Or an alternative take from a left-leaning publication.

The transition is not going to be simple. But it is inevitable. There may be a lot of disruption spread out over decades.

1 Like

Never driven one? If I could justify spending that much money on a car that didn’t have towing capacity I would definitely drive a Tesla modelS

Electric cars will replace ICE powered cars in the next twenty years even without subsidies.

There are too many pros to electric car ownership vs ICE ownership.

1. Drastically Lower maintenance intervals.

2. Greater torque and power at most operating ranges (its pretty funny watching Tesla Model S models take dumps on Challenger Hellcats in the 1/4 mile).

3. Far more efficient operation (90% vs about 35% for the most efficient ICEs).

4. Far less complicated. An electric motor has one major moving part. The shaft. There’s no valve train, no major rotating assembly (crankshaft and its associated failure point like main bearings and connecting rods), no fueling system, no exhaust system, no emissions system, etc. Modern ICEs are complicated as all hell and there are a lot of parts that can and will fail. Electric engines have only two major failure points. The inverter and the battery pack. And neither have moving parts so they’re failure rate is very low and their lifespans are pretty predictable even if maintenance is lacking.

5. Did I mention torque? An electric motor makes all of its available torque at startup. In fact that’s the reason most electric cars have only a single speed transmission and have to be heavily governed. They’ll blow even stout transmissions like TH-400s to pieces easily.

1 Like

Yep, its almost as if that’s one of the very reason energy subsidies exist in the first place

1 Like

I wasn’t a believer until I got a chance to drive an electric car. And it was just a really undesirable Nissan Leaf.

But that car really amazed me. It had so much more torque than any equivalent power class piston engine. Naturally aspirated small displacement engines (sub 1.5L) have to have the nuts revved off of them to make torque. Turbochargers help, but it doesn’t solve the lack of low end torque before the turbo spools.

That little Electric Leaf had every bit of its torque available from the time you mashed the accelerator. It was honestly pretty amazing and weird at the same time. I’m used to having to build power, and I’ve driven some high horsepower cars, in the 450-550 range. That little electric motor really surprised me because I’ve never driven anything that had all of its torque just there at all times. No build up. Just torque whenever you needed and wanted it.

I could only imagine what something like a Model S is like to drive, with way more power on tap.

2 Likes

If leftists were actually serious, Gen 4 nuclear reactors would be on the table. Instead, this dystopia is the touted as “utopia” from the World Economic Forum:

Hightlights:

• Cars banned. “Shared” transportation permitted.
  • Meat mostly banned. Veganism for the peasants - “most meals are plant-based, so you eat more healthily and are more environmentally friendly.”
  • Household appliance ownership banned in lieu “service contracts” that permit what you’re allowed to have in your home.
    -“New types of living arrangements with more shared functions and spaces” - it worked for the Soviets, after all.

I don’t want to be “that guy,” but it sounds an awful lot like a glossy global communism with few individual rights. These aren’t “quality of life” improvements that millions want, nor is the intention to actually combat “climate change.”

1 Like

Huh? I’m not talking about climate change. I’m talking about energy.

Fair enough. Are you for or against nuclear as a possible solution?

A solution to what?