Jesus will return in 2040

Exactly. You saved me from having to post what Jesus said on the subject.

1 Like

I have always considered the bible to be an Occam’s-razor message from God. Most people who hear the scriptures – who have ever heard the scriptures – are illiterate. Of those who are literate, most have no knowledge of classic languages. Throughout history, and even in today’s world.

I truly doubt that God intended the listeners to have a “Greek parser” at their disposal.

But when we hear St. Paul in his letters warn against other people preaching a false gospel, I have no doubt that some of them came wielding a Greek (or Aramaic, or Latin) parser to “discover” things that aren’t really in the gospel in the first place.

There’s a logical flaw in your argument which I’m sure you can figure out.

Cool!

I’m sure it requires a lib filter to see. Or a theophobic one.

( shrug )

Not at all.

The flaw is there’s no more evidence for your hypothesis than the hypothesis of those that say one must have a “Greek parser” to understand the Gospel.

“I have always considered…”

I didn’t say that’s the way it is. It’s just how I look at it.

Do you always have to fight about everything? Sheesh.

Not fighting.

Discussing.:sunglasses:

1 Like

Me thinks Clement of Alexandria needs to take some basic astronomy courses. What is the day in October of 2040? I’ve gone through the whole month of October, 2040 and nothing is lining up. The sun will be in Virgo from Oct 1-30, and not the moon. There are no alignments of anything in Oct. 2040.

Just like the other person said, the sun is the only star mentioned, all the rest are planets. Why isn’t Uranus and Neptune not mentioned?

Now if you want to get technical, the Constellation of Virgo includes Spica, which is a -3 magnitude star on the Main Sequence.

Hocus, pocus.

Didn’t think of checking his astronomy. I was/am still puzzling over his use of the “Jubilee”. Jubilee years have not been celebrated since before Christ and will not be celebrated again until the certain conditions are fulfilled in Israel–such as all Twelve Tribes returning to their homelands.

I’ve been hearing this stuff all my life about the return of Jesus and I’ve been living a long time.

I’ve got an astronomy program that can show where planets & stars are located at any date or time in our cosmos.

Yes, if you have an astronomy program, you can see it easily in fall of 2040.

Betcha my house against yours it doesn’t happen.

1 Like

And I’m puzzling (well not so much) over the obvious contrivance of switching from a 40 year period to a 50 year period on a whim…and then of course, thinking that independently verifying the events which are supposed to have happened at a certain time did, in fact, actually happen…and at that time.

Nope we just assume the pattern that we are supposed to be proving as true “just is” true.

Poster does have such a program and has already told you such a configuration of “stars” will, in fact, NOT happen in 2040.

Have anything besides a “just so” story?

Touchy

You’re worse than Jay on that front.

:violin:

Jesus the Destroyer? :skull_and_crossbones::bomb::fire:

2 Likes

I don’t have an answer to that, either. In Judaism the number 40 signals change, renewal, or transformation. We see it used in the story of Noah, in Exodus, in Moses time on Sinai, Jesus’ time in the desert.

Fifty is the number for the Jubilee year (which is seven sabbatical years) and to this day there is division on whether the Jubilee year was observed the same year as the seventh sabbatical…or year following the Sabbath year. Then, as you say, events he claims happened at a certain time on which even Jews continue to hold differing opinions–all based on Biblical calculations. For example, the Bible itself offers at least three different years for Exodus and there are also different years named as Jubilee years.

Picture looks fake. Real unicorns are darker in color.

3 Likes