Jeh Johnson a Trumpeter?

It was totally different when Obama did it, cause we don’t like Trump.

Yes it is, the condition is they entered illegally.

Is it the number that offends you?

Was obama following the law?

You’re not understanding.

Under Obama, if a family was apprehended crossing the border illegally, they would not be separated unless there were other motivating factors - a questionable relationship, or the parents caught with drugs, or other situations.

Under Trump, every family that crosses the border was separated.

Are you asking if Obama was following the law, or universally enforcing it?

Did you see the numbers? 40-50k a month? That’s a lot of people. A lot of unaccompanied minors. Can you imagine the logistics?

You think they’re catching half?

What’s the difference? Doesn’t he have an obligation to the latter?

No, the President is not obligated to universally enforce the law.

The concept of prosecutorial discretion is foundational to our legal system.

You are conflating issues.

We are talking about separating families, not unaccompanied minors.

So it’s not bad if you only rape few girls a week…only of you rape a dozen or more then its bad.

Is that the logic you’re using?

Shoo, troll.

Oh, ok. If you say so.

The President is a prosecutor?

What does the judicial branch do, sit around and wait for the President?

I was discussing the logistics.

Are unaccompanied minors not separated from their parents? What are the odds they’re all orphans?

Prosecution is a function of the Executive branch, not the Judicial.

So the gripe isn’t about separating families, it’s about what families get separated…and Trump.

Touched a nerve did I?

Oh, ok. So the President can just ignore laws passed by the legislature? Defer action as it were?

I don’t know why you’re playing the pedantry game.

From the context of my posts, as well as the policies we’re discussing, it’s pretty easy to grasp what I am saying. I am referring to families who cross the border together being separated by the federal government, and not children who were separated from their families in South America.

Maybe the number offends them. It is a high number. Maybe just a few would be ok.