Jason Chaffetz: Trump's border wall may get funding after all

So you honestly believed that I voted for Trump instead of Hillary just because I really thought Mexico would write a check for the wall?

Seroiusly? :roll_eyes:

No. I believe you bought all of his lies.

That’s what happens to marks.

It can’t be used directly.

So Gorsuch and Kavanaugh were lies? His energy policy was a lie? Getting rid of burdensome regulations was a lie? Tax cuts were a lie?

If that’s true, the donors are going to be very mad. The guy who started the page told them it will go directly to build a wall. Said he is even working with Trump to make sure.

You really should read the article to see how the real world works! :+1:

Have you read what the founder of the GoFundMe wall has written on the page explaining to donor how their hard earned money is going to be used for the wall?

No. I know the effort is nothing but a g

Yep! If you read the Chaffetz article, you will see that the GoFundMe money has no chance of being used for the wall without legislative intervention. The GoFundMe site states exactly that. In any case, with DEM control of the house, the GoFundMe initiative is a simple exercise in futility.

Ok.

I should feel sorry for them but I just cannot muster any sympathy for them falling for another con.

Failure of DEMs to support the wall doesn’t mean Trump is lying. The same could be said about Obama. He promised to close down Gitmo. Try as he might, Republicans prevented him from doing so. Does that mean Obama lied? Of course not.

If Trump’s lips are moving he is lying. He lies about everything. And he lies so much he can’t even remember what he said about something 24 hours ago.

You were conned. It’s just that simple.

Plus, Presidents don’t always get the things the campaign on - but they don’t throw temper tantrums like a 2 yr old when they don’t get their way. Until Donald that is.

How so exactly?

I wanted tax cuts. I got them.

I wanted a wholesale gut of obsessive regulations. I got them.

I wanted conservative justices. I got them.

I wanted increased defense spending. I got it.

I wanted a repeal of Obama care. With the individual mandate gone, Obamacare will soon be history.

I wanted our VETs to be front and center. I got it.

I wanted strong border action. In progress.

Just for starters.

1 Like

What on your list couldn’t have been accomplished by a Republican who isn’t bat ■■■■ crazy and incompetent?

I get it. You love Trump and think he is a great President. Enjoy the next few years (if that.)

I never stated nor implied that another Republican couldn’t have done the same things Trump has done. Again, you Trump haters misunderstand my position. I have no great love for Trump. As a point of fact, I detest him as a human being. But he was the GOP nominee and he is the GOP president. As such I expect him to tackle my list of expectations. In that regard, he is doing exactly that and that is exactly why I will vote to reelect him in 2020.

1 Like

You’re missing something here, sport. It’s the REPUBLICANS who won’t let a REPUBLICAN president build a wall.

Actually its the DEMs! Without DEM support in the Senate, there will be no wall funding.

That’s not true. The Democrats agreed to a wall way back when. trump reneged. Oh well.

Actually that simply isn’t the case. Go back and read the fine print of that supposed agreement and you will see they really were never serious. It was simply for show.

Actually, that simply isn’t the case.

We will simply have to agree to disagree. I never saw the proposal as a serious one.