Jared Kushner Received His Security Clearance: Reports

I already provided you a link.

Here’s another.

Talking head claim #1, 1st paragraph.

From your own citation.

The background checks are done by the FBI with the involvement of other agencies coordinated by The WH Personnel Security Office.

There are no political appointees involved in the proces.

Talking Head Claim # 1: Political appointees in the White House are responsible for making security clearance adjudicative decisions.

This is decidedly fiction. Security clearance decisions within the Executive Office of the President (EOP) – which includes the White House Office, Office of the U.S. Trade Representative, National Security Council, Office of National Drug Control Policy, Office of Science and Technology Policy, and Council on Environmental Quality – are made by career officials in the EOP Office of Security. As career employees, EOP security officials transcend administrations and are supposed to be apolitical. For those readers familiar with Washington, D.C., the small, obscure EOP Security office is located in the red brick New Executive Office Building just across Pennsylvania Avenue from the White House complex.

In theory, the president could unilaterally overrule career security officials and decide to grant a security clearance to anyone he chooses. In practice, however, there is no known precedent of that happening and I suspect most presidents would be loath to do it because of the inevitable public relations ramifications.

Talking Head Claim # 2: The Secret Service conducts security clearance background investigations for White House staff members and presidential appointees.

This is also fiction. While the Secret Service is statutorily responsible for providing physical security at the White House and other Presidential facilities, those who work for the president undergo background investigations by a different agency – the FBI.

Has the White House said Kushner was approved by the usual career bureaucrats?

Yes, the link says as much.

I’m sure there is a point to all of this.

His father in law is under investigation by the same rabble who did the background. Try thinking.

What would they have done if you kept classified material in a server in your bathroom and destroyed evidence?

And?

10chars

:rofl:

Ouch!

And this is killing you.

And Bobby Kennedy wasn’t the best candidate for AG.

:rofl:

I cant take any of the Trump and Kushner supporters in this thread seriously. Can you imagine the outrage and the melt down by the likes of Fox News, Breitbart etc. if Obama had put his family members into so many positions close to his Presidency.

The outrage by conservatives when it was discovered Obama was paying his grandma or some other family member to look after his daughters was a sight to behold so I can only imagine the nuclear explosion if he had done what Trump has done.

But we all know Trump supporters are intellectually and morally bankrupt so they will just revel like pigs in ■■■■ in their own hypocrisy. High fiving each other and randomly spouting gibberish like “build the wall”, “goresuch” and “make american great again”. that has zero to do with the discussion.

1 Like

I’m sure this made sense to you.

If you’re going to rage and scream about hypocrisy why don’t you support it with quotes by some of us who previously raised hell about family members being appointed by presidents.

Did Obama’s grandma go to Harvard?

Absolutely. It would you too if you weren’t blind in your left eye.

Sanders said repeatedly it would be left to the WH Security Office, do you have anything to show the contrary or that there was any interference from any political appointee?

So no. The White House has not said it was done through the usual process.

Thanks.

Going to Harvard does not entitle you to anything. Do you really believe that every child of wealthy parents who gets into an ivy league school did it through sheer hard work.

But fair play to Kushner he is just reaping the benefits of born being into wealth. Cant blame him and I am sure he is a nice chap but no way is he in any way qualified to be taken seriously as a member of Trumps inner circle.

The problem is that now Trump has cleared the decks for future Presidents both Republican and Democrat to engage in blatant and high level nepotism.

That’s blasphemy.

Did you go tell your boss you arrived at work by the usual process this morning?