Jared Kushner Received His Security Clearance: Reports

The article doesn’t say what level of clearance he has. And there is no such thing as a “permanent” security clearance. Nonetheless, kudos to Kushner for pulling this off in the face of all of his shenanigans. Wonder if having your father-in-law as president has anything to do with it.

At least he’ll finally be able to pay off that building by selling all of our secrets. Good for him.

Yes there is such a thing as a “permanent” security clearance. It is what you recieve when your temporary status us upgraded.

Which coincides with a newly-found fondness for Qatar.

1 Like

I know… It’s just insane how blind the right is to actual corruption while following dutifully along and cheering about whatever crap Trump and the right wing spin machine feed them.

INSANE!

As a person who has held a Secret, TS and a TS/SCI with CI poly, if I did what Kushner did and withheld info on my foreign contacts, they would have cancelled my process and potentially unemployed.

So now it’s ok to question the competence of career FBI and intelligence people? I could have sworn the left was telling me that was really unpatriotic.

1 Like

Oh and it sure looks grim for those who thought Jared was going to be going down for Russian collusion.

Don’t worry, it’ll be something else, very soon…that’ll set libs hair on fake news fire all over again.

im with you… i held an SSBI and they questioned me about a bill i paid late in 1997… im like dude that was an ex wife ago…lol

Well it can’t be Kushner, he was just cleared by the FBI and our intelligence agencies for our highest security rating and liberals would never question the competence of the FBI and our intelligence agencies because that would be highly unpatriotic and dangerous to the republic.

You make a valid point.

Everything about this post is wrong.

Jared can’t get a security clearance. Oh nos! The administration is crooked!

Jared got a security clearance. Oh nos! The administration is crooked!

1 Like

Nice couple of straw men you created.

1 Like

Umm no. While it is true nobody could stop a President from overriding intelligence and FBI career people to grant such a clearance that isn’t what happened here.

from https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/23/us/politics/jared-kushner-security-clearance.html

“With respect to the news about his clearances, as we stated before, his application was properly submitted, reviewed by numerous career officials and underwent the normal process,” Mr. Lowell said. “Having completed all of these processes, he’s looking forward to continuing to do the work the president has asked him to do.”

Your article was talking about temporary or interim clearances, this is not that. This is full boat real deal blessed by the usual process clearance.

You forgot this part when you quoted:

The special counsel’s investigation had not caused the delay, said Mr. Kushner’s lawyer, Abbe D. Lowell.

And? That means the special counsel had not communicated any reason it should be delayed or denied. Like I said, it pretty much guarantees they haven’t found anything damning against Kushner.

As in

from https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/23/us/politics/jared-kushner-security-clearance.html

The resolution of his clearances does not guarantee that Mr. Kushner faces no legal jeopardy. But Mark S. Zaid, a veteran Washington lawyer who handles security clearances, said it was highly unlikely that the special counsel would uncover evidence of improper foreign entanglements and not flag it for security officials.

“If I were Jared Kushner, I’d be sighing a breath of relief today,” Mr. Zaid said.