Jared conducts government business on What'sApp

Hilary engaged in trafficking material on her unauthorized server, with was already classified.

You are making assumptions as to the nature of Jared’s discussions. No one is claiming he mishandled classified material laws.

How could an email that they’re writing back and forth be “already classified”?

I’m not making any assumptions. I don’t know what Jared is doing with his WhatsApp account. No one does. That’s the problem.

Because of the nature of the classified material contained in the email.

From Comey’s July 5, 2016 press conference;

From the group of 30,000 e-mails returned to the State Department, 110 e-mails in 52 e-mail chains have been determined by the owning agency to contain classified information at the time they were sent or received. Eight of those chains contained information that was Top Secret at the time they were sent; 36 chains contained Secret information at the time; and eight contained Confidential information, which is the lowest level of classification. Separate from those, about 2,000 additional e-mails were “up-classified” to make them Confidential; the information in those had not been classified at the time the e-mails were sent.

Oh, I see. It’s not that anyone had determined they were classified as they were sent. Just that someone would have considered them classified if they had. As I was saying, I think the nature of communications with foreign governments makes them classified at the time as well.

Which is why Trump’s calls with foreign leaders were considered classified.

Trump’s meeting with foreign leaders are classified because he is speaking with the assumption that anything he says will be kept under lock and key.

In other words, both President Trump and the Mexican President were open and unguarded in their comments and dialogue, they were speaking in confidence because the US government was ensuring their conversation was private. The very nature of those types of conversations are classified, because they are not trying to couch their language in any way.

While Jared, on the other hand, was engaged in a chat, knowing the content of his conversation was not classified, since he made copies of the conversations and gave them to the federal records office. If the conversation was sensitive in any way, he would have needed to submit it to an Original Classification Authority, so they could classify the conversation and safeguard it as a classified communication.

You’re seeming to imply that Jared’s communications couldn’t be classified because he didn’t treat them as classified.

That’s awfully faulty logic if you ask me.

So what are you suggesting, that any conversation with any foreign government representative be submitted to a classifying authority, and treated as top secret? I do not believe that is the law.

What is in the law, is that when anyone in a sensitive government position is communicating over a non-secure platform, they shall not discuss classified information. So you are assuming Jared violated that part of the law.

In fact, you want our laws to be written to assume everyone is violating that part of the law, so all communications over any platforms, secure or not, shall be considered top secret and submitted to a classifying authority.

I never said “top secret” but I think conversations between senior members of our government and foreign governments would automatically be considered classified on some level. I could be wrong.

There is no law that governs what should be classified at what level. That just doesn’t exist.

I don’t assume Jared did anything illegal. I don’t know who he was talking with or what they were talking about.

Which is the problem.

Hilary stated she was in compliance too, and your side wanted to lock her up.

How do you know he made copies of all his conversations?

You’s be citing a similarity, if Jared’s was exclusively using WhatsApp for all his official communications.

Jared’s communications on WhatsApp have already been submitted to the records office, it would be easy to see if they contained classified material

How do you know he submitted all his communications?

Interesting…

https://twitter.com/ZoeTillman/status/1111299764216307713

Clinton didn’t use her private email account for all her official communications.

Are you saying her state department lied?

“A State Department spokeswoman says Hillary Clinton did not break any rules by relying solely on her personal email account. Federal law allows government officials to use personal email so long as relevant documents are preserved for history.”

Not exactly. It’s all about context, which we don’t have.

I’m just pointing out that there are numerous methods for official communication. The spokesman was almost certainly referring to using her personal email address as her sole email address. The bigger picture is that email is one minor way for the SoS to communicate.

Clinton didn’t ever use email to communicate with other high level officials of foreign governments, did she?

Since she used her email exclusively I would say yes. If you want to try and argue she never once used email to communicate with anouther government or their reprsenatives go ahead. Being she stated the reason to use her server is because she only wanted to carry one device. So if she didn’t use email she used an unsecure phone.

Are you under the impression that land lines don’t exist?

Wow you are really digging. You think she was using an unsecure landline in hotels all over the world. That is why they issue them secure mobile phones.

No. I think her staff was able to set up secure lines in her hotel when traveling abroad.

But let’s be honest. Neither of us really know the details on the SoS’s communications. I just think you’re making some very unwarranted assumptions.