January 6th Commission Thread

Did you or did you not say those that acted on the 6th, and broke into the capital, were:

Defending people right to express their grievances

Yes, or no.

This comes to mindā€¦denying what youā€™re doing.

2 Likes

Yesā€¦and?

The house does impeachments. Not an abuse of power.

The constitution gives the house the power.

Allan

Thank you.
No further questions.

You still canā€™t explain why Iā€™m authoritarian can you?

Your support/defense of those that broke into the capital, as ā€œDefending people right to express their grievancesā€ is all that is needed.

If you cannot see itā€¦so be it.

Ohā€¦so we should have shot themā€¦is that what youā€™re telling me?

Canā€™t say I see it either. What if they wanted to topple the current government to install a less authoritarian government than we have now?

1 Like

Of course not.
But it does appear that you equate "Defending people right to express their grievancesā€, to those that invaded, looted and wreaked havoc inside the capitalā€¦because their guy lost.

Do you equate ā€œDefending people right to express their grievancesā€ to what transpired on Jan. 6?

Rioting is a form of expressing grievances. And commonly used. Itā€™s in the toolbox.

2 Likes

How is that any different then destroying livelihoodsā€¦unless you think capital is sacred grounds.

1 Like

You too?

Good lords.

What were they rioting for again?

Reminds me of this.

3 Likes

They were aggrieved of their election loss and expressed their desire to seize power through violence.

2 Likes

Grievances

ā€¦over idolizing a pol.

Irrelevant. Their grievances are just as real to them as yours are to you.

1 Like

Sorryā€¦their grievances were fueled by conspiracy theories, lies, and bull feces, mostly spewed by the former POTUS.

I do not need to agree with their grievancesā€¦but they should be based in reality.

Perhaps, but they are their grievances, not yours. You donā€™t get a say.

And yours are based on mythology and alchemy.

1 Like