James Shaw Jr. Sir! Making America Great Again

You have no idea what you’re talking about.

As soon as the shooting started he took cover and determined not to make it easy for him.

He hid behind a swinging door.

When the gun jammed he slammed the door into the bad guy as hard as he could and fought for the rifle successfully getting control of it and throwing it away.

Textbook perfect planning and execution of a counter ambush and disarming the perp.

We don’t know that. It does appear though that he was the only one with an opportunity to do so.

That isn’t what he said is it?

So exactly why would he lie about it? Jammed, out of Ammo, broken firing pin, it doesn’t matter. He believed the gun to be inoperable and used the opportunity to launch his assault.

Fortunately he succeeded.

We do not know if the Rifle jammed or not

Quit using that speculation as the truth. we dont know the truth about the gun jamming or not,

and he did all this planning within seconds.

I am impressed,

No planning was involved.

Allan

jammed or whatever…his exact words. He did not know, just that the perp wasnt shooting anymore.

Allan

Speculation? That’s directly from the horse’s mouth. I have zero reason to doubt his version of events and neither do you or anyone else.

Yes, seconds, that’s the amount of time one usually has to react in a self defense situation, mere seconds.

But…

But nothing.

That’s a silly assertion.

Really…then you should just out that they’re saying about Kanye West.

A working class hero is something to be. – John Lennon.

I agree…

No, I have no reason to not believe the Nashville Police Dept. account of events that the heroic actions of James Shaw saved the lives of others. Something that would not of been possible if the gun was no longer operable

Nashville police spokesman Don Aaron said that as the gunman was shooting, “a patron of the restaurant, James Shaw Jr., ran to the restroom area of the Waffle House, saw that the shooting had stopped, and saw an opportunity to intervene. Mr. Shaw wrestled the rifle away from Reinking and tossed it into another part of the restaurant to end the gunfire. Mr. Shaw saved, obviously, many lives in his heroic action.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2018/04/22/james-shaw-jr-on-why-he-rushed-the-waffle-house-shooter-he-was-going-to-have-to-work-to-kill-me/?utm_term=.bab117e76fbc

Sounded like a but coming.

If there was a “but” coming I would have typed it.

Until proven to be false I’m going to stick with Shaw’s own account of what he did and why that night as well as under what circumstances he chose to act.

He says the shooter dropped the muzzle to ground to clear it or reload it (no longer functioning as a firearm) at which time he knocked the shooter to the ground with the swinging door he was crouching behind for concealment, he then jumped on the perp, wrestled with him a bit and was able to disarm him with no more shots being fired.

He says he acted out of his own selfish sense of self preservation figuring if he was going to die he’d make the shooter earn it and that he thought the gun was disabled/empty.

It is pure speculation at this point as to whether or not the perp would have been able to clear the weapon/reload and resume firing.

What you folks saying about kanye west when he said that “president Bush hates Black people”?

Libs like yourself are never racist.

At least the Vice President thinks he is an American hero unlike wild rose and trump.

Allan