James Shaw Jr. Sir! Making America Great Again

What assessment is that exactly?

That it is not that big of a deal. LOL. It is a huge deal.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/for-waffle-house-bravery-lawmakers-hail-james-shaw-jr-as-tennessees-hero/ar-AAwi9LF

Tennessee’s hero. Congrats to the Tennessee legislature!

Allan

1 Like

I haven’t seen anywhere that the gun jammed. Where did you read that?

WR made that up. The guy was reloading.

Allan

1 Like

Seems unseemly to me to downplay the heroism of this young man. What purpose does that serve?

1 Like

doesnt fit the narrative of the second amendment extremists where the only way to defeat a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun.

Allan

Why hasn’t Trump tweeted about this hero?

Well, why doesn’t Trump send out a heart-warming tweet lauding the bravery of this young man?

Um…Shaw got shot as he was rushing for the gun, so if it jammed, it jammed AFTER Shaw decided to rush him.

indeed.
:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

And the young man knew the gun couldn’t shoot again…right? Prove that for us.

He WAS shot (got a grazed forearm) after he decided to rush the shooter.

1 Like

WildRose11h
No, that designation seems to be reserved for blacks working within the administration like Dr. Carson.

If every good citizen that intercedes in stopping a local crime got invited to the WH there wouldn’t be time to do much else.

I applaud the young man for stepping up but disarming a guy with a busted gun after the fact is just not that big of a deal.

Face it. The man was a hero. I don’t understand why you have to be so willing to take this away from the guy. He has a graze wound from the shooting and a burn from the hot barrel.

I read an article…he was grazed by a bullet, was that from the initial shooting or from while he was fighting the guy. He was wounded though.

It was a pointless effort to downplay the heroism. What motive WR would have for doing that…I’m sure I don’t know.

Shaw wasn’t even 100% sure the gun jammed…and he had also made up his mind to charge the guy before the gun jammed (he said that he was going to make the guy “work” to kill him).

And even then, you don’t know if the gun is going to stay jammed, or even if you’re going to succeed getting the gun away from him before he frees it up again.

To pretend it took less courage to charge the man in the heat of the moment because the gun jammed is ludicrous and totally uncalled for.

4 Likes

A person taking on the unknown, without any fear of the consequences is a hero in my book. Don’t care what WR’s motive for downplaying this is.

There’s so many blacks in trump’s administration. It’s hard to keep track.

His own words when interviewed shortly after the incident.

Are you done making a fool of yourself yet?

Someone’s making things up here for sure.

Given a choice between your version of events and those of Shaw I think I’ll go with his.