I've Been Thinking - Policies, Climate Change, Healthcare

Good. Think about the demands that places on the system.

But they’re not selfishly thinking about the economy, they’re caving in to biological and peer pressure to have kids.

He’s also talking about having enough people to do the jobs baby boomers are retiring from. Automation is coming, but most jobs will require people for the foreseeable future.

Are they? What kind of reason is that to have a child?

We do. And if we need more, we can import them on my merit based immigration system.

Biological and peer pressure to procreate are a big part of why humans have been so successful. So I’d say they’re pretty good reasons.

I like that idea.

And now easing in to unsuccessful. Peer pressure is absolutely no reason to bring a child into the world.

Where are the libs?

That’s what I keep telling my friends when they show me baby pictures and ask when I’m going to have one. :smirk:

I think 1-5 would result in a tanking of our GDP.

Totally agree with 6, but within a totally different view on 3, 4 and 5.

I would go even further with 7. Incentivized contraception. Increased funding on male LARCs (long-acting reversible contraceptives). The economic benefits from reducing teen pregnancies alone would justify the program. Then there would be second order fiscal, social and economic effects that would lead to a reduction in poverty, increase in graduation rates, decrease in welfare spending.

1 Like

There isn’t much that you and I will ever agree upon, but TOO MANY PEOPLE is spot on. This has been on my mind for years, which is why I decided to have only one child. I never hear this issue addressed by any party, though.

That all sounds good. They should all be taken under serious consideration by policy makers.

I have stated on here before that culling the human population by 2 to 6 billion is the only way to stabilize and reverse “man made” climate damage.

IF you are serious and want to save the world.

Efficiencies of energy will never cut it…No amount of electric cars or sail boats will matter.

Even having fewer kids is just an efficiency poke with no impact.

:world_map:

1. Childless tax credit
  2. No tax credit for more than two children.
  3. Close the borders. Merit based immigration only. Emphasis on younger people with skills we need.
  4. Work visas for our Helots we need for agriculture, domestics, etc. We need to figure out a way to control to it. We can’t have them roaming around loose.
  5. Visa overstays must be addressed aggressively.
  6. Immigration streamlined. It’s 2020.
  7. Free contraception education and medicine. Not in schools, figure out somewhere else.

How is 1-5 going to tank the GDP?

More people more votes.

1 Like

Restaurant Hosts and Hostesses will be making 75.00 an hour IF you can find them.

:hamburger:

This sounds fine if you want to decrease the population, but our economy is run on debt which needs GDP growth to sustain it. GDP growth most easily comes from population growth.

Can’t say this is the case for Sanders, but for some people children are a blessing from the Lord:

Children are a heritage from the Lord,
offspring a reward from him. (Psalm 127:3)

Plenty of places in Scripture tell us the treasure that offspring are. (If that’s a source from which one draws guidance for him/herself.)

Just saying…

Blacks make up about 12/13 percent of population? But only make up about 4 or 5 percent of GDP? We are leaving 100’s of billion of dollars on the table every year.

Then we have millions of others that need to be lifted out of poverty with decent paying middle class jobs.

Not any more.

1 Like

Of course they are, so is everything else. Treasure one.

Well, if GDP growth and population growth are no longer coupled together, then we should definitely decrease the population to increase the per capita GDP.

I think that’s happening anyways since the cost of living has gone so high and the opportunity cost of having children is so high that people are choosing to go without. We will need robots in the future to take care of us.