It Seems Campaign Promises Could Have Consequences

I haven’t heard a mainstream candidate suggest cancelling or weaning us off social security in a long time, if ever.

Not sure what you mean by this.

As a nation, we don’t want to pay for what we get.

We leave that for future generations to figure out.

1 Like

So none of them. We can move on to the next vision if you like.

No? They made you and I dependent on the teat. If we spit it out, we lose. In my case over 40 years. How long to I have to live to get that back?

How did “we” not pay for it?

I disagree.

I’ve repeatedly asked you to clarify what you mean in this thread.

As you are free to do.

After assuming. You’ve stopped doing that for now, we can move on if you like.

Politics is the art of convincing you my vision is in your best interest in order to get your vote.

No one is getting rid of social security and no one is talking about doing so, so why are we?

I agree. That’s basically what I’ve been saying. Social security is entrenched.

I will add this; you have to think. I won’t spoon feed.

If I ask, “Do you mean this or do you mean that,” I’m not assuming, I’m asking for clarification.

I don’t know, you brought it up.

So is everything else. It’s how government works.

So why would it be in your best interest to have more?

It will be interesting to see if we see those stock market threads that have a tendency to pop every time there is a bad day on Wall Street, if Warren or Sanders wins.

See, now you’re asking me to make assumptions about what you’re posting.

1 Like

Ok. That’s fine.

No reason for them to support a woman who would wreck Wall Street and the Economy.

No, I’m not. I’m asking you to think. What I say is not nearly as important as what you think.

How is she going to “wreck” Wall Street?

I haven’t argued that. I’m saying it’s in our best interest to maintain a healthy social security program. It’s the only way you and I will get any of our money back.

You post something, I think about it and respond, and you tell me not to make assumptions. I have to make assumptions about what you’re saying in order to respond. There’s no other way.

1 Like

Yes, they’ll be started by Republicans instead of Democrats.

1 Like

Oh bull ■■■■ Oryx, there is no “our” best interest in government. Is it in the best interest of a 21 year old to pay social security taxes?