It looks like Biden's invitation is being accepted

You didn’t build that!

4 Likes

That’s nice. The Center for Immigration Studies lists eleven current board members on their website none of whom is named John Tanton. They list their founding Board Chairman as Otis L. Graham, whom you can read about as follows:

Otis L. Graham - Wikipedia

John Tanton is not listed as current staff, current board, former staff or former board.

If I look up John Tanton, he had something to do with something called the Federation for American Immigration reform, which is not the same thing.

But that was a nice try.

1 Like

That’s because John Tanton died two years ago - and they likely want to distance themselves from him.

Nevertheless, the history is well documented.

If you looked John Tanton up, you already know he was a co-founder of CIS.

And yes - FAIR and CIS are definitely connected. CIS began as a department within FAIR.

I believe you are confusing organizations.

But even if you weren’t, if an organization distanced themselves from him I would say they have rejected that person. Hardly something to blame them for if you don’t like that person either.

They began as an offshoot of an organization who rejected the person you don’t like, and it is a good idea to smear them for that?
This is like blame for six degrees of separation.
It sounds very much SPLC.

That’s it. I can’t fathom that sort of “thinking” nor do i want to.

2 Likes

I’m not. I believe you are desperately trying to obfuscate the fact that John Tanton founded both CIS and FAIR.

I’m not particularly impressed when an organization dedicated to the principles of a white nationalist decides to distance themselves from that white nationalist without changing their principles.

Democratic politicians first!

No, I think it’s a good idea to smear them because they support what I consider to be an entirely racist ideology.

I have no doubt that you feel differently, and that is your right. But you shouldn’t be surprised when people call it out.

Do you truly believe that?

1 Like

The SPLC themselves are a hate group.

2 Likes

Someone built the job and paid them to build whatever they told them to.

1 Like

I do. Because Xiden is good at Mario carts. :wink:

1 Like

Biden stops all of the construction of the wall…that’s paid for and a work in progress and then someone says something like “Biden is working to stop the caravans”.

No one takes Biden seriously (except for the libs). So, given his rhetoric from his basement during his campaign, of course they are going rush into the country. They know he won’t do anything but roll out a welcome mat.

Gee and it’s only February.

Your not a masochist some live in this perpetual world of guilt that the only redemption is negation of society for past sins.

Even the EU isn’t stupid enough to be bringing non essential people, most who don’t speak the nation’s language in during a major recession and global pandemic.

None of this is about guilt or “redemption”.

Some of my ancestors came to this country running from persecution in Europe in the midst of the Great Depression, with nothing but the clothes on their backs. My great-grandmother died at the age of 97 without being able to speak a word of English.

But all of her sons that survived to adulthood (4) became millionaires.

I can’t support pulling the ladder up just because I’m already on board.

They aren’t being persecuted.